How Many Companys are You Contracted To?

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
just a quick thought on how to get an average on how many multi contractors are out there and wat the average number of contracts each driver has

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Two, both out-and-back outfits based in the Chicago area. I run out loaded, deadhead back.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
thanks so far guys ... just heard of a bunch of ppl driving for multiple companys and was wondering how many did and how u handle driving for more then 2 or 3 and even 3 seams like a strech

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
One thing to keep in mind that "Turtle" pointed out last week, that not everyone in this business are members here...I'd venture to say that there are more people in this industry that are NOT members here then that are members here...I'd also say that most here run with one carrier, not all but most..

Now that being said, there are alot od people running independent and for 2-3-even 4 carriers...most all of them won't have any Company markings on there trucks at all....

As to running for more then 1, personally, its too much work for me...but its not really a big deal...you just let each compan know where you are or where you are heading and check in with them and let them know when you are empty and where at...then the 1st company that gets you a run, gets your services....

From what i understand, insurance is the biggest issue and each carrier has to be listed on your policy....

guido4475

Not a Member
One, and only one.And I am more than happy with my One.I know of a driver, who is, (get a hold of this) leased to 9....yes, nine companies at once! And you know what?? He isnt doing any better than I am.I mean, most companies bid on the same loads, off of the same boards, for the most part, right?? So, what is a person gaining by being leased to more than one to begin with?? C'mon on down!!! youre the next contestant, on the lowest price is right!!! Get real!! I'd rather sit and wait than to :censoredsign: myself out for cheap rates anyday.

Sorry, didnt mean to go off on a rant here, or hijack the thread, but,,,,......lol...

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
thats alright it made a lot of sense honistly ... and that realy why i asked lol ... thanks for ur insight i hope to pick ur brain agin soon ... thanks guys

dad4evr1

Seasoned Expediter
I'm currently working with 3...have had as many as 5 but I wanted to back off a little because I'm semi-retired. Keeping up isn't really a big deal, only one mishap back when I first started...mailed the original BOL to the wrong office.