How is your week?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Not particuarly happy with this week. Did a long run from Tacoma, WA to San Antonio, TX at a marginal rate and we're still in San Antonio now. I'm not blaming our carrier or the freight. Load selection blunders put us where we are.

Taking the load to San Antiono may have been a mistake. We might have done better by passing on it and waiting up there. The marginal load we declined yesterday that would have gotten us out of San Antonio looks better today.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I guess you never know, I hope you get a good load out, maybe one that makes that marginal load look bad.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since you asked: This week has been a bit of a slopfest. The first run, Friday evening (anything after 5PM on Friday counts on the following week) wasn't bad, from Wooddale Illinois to London, Ohio. After that, though, it's been three runs each one hundred miles. This is the check I was hoping would at least cover the rent, it's going to fall a bit shy of that now. One thing brings it up slightly, and that's that I had waiting time on the first of the three "hundred milers".

However--- no breakdowns, so I reckon I can't complain too bad. I'm remembering a weekend last July where I made 950.00 on that weekend--- then lost three times that on the breakdown. So, I guess I'm ahead at the moment.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This week was average for us. Last week equaled 50% of what we normally see in a good MONTH! Long weekend in New England, rented a car, going to do the "tourist bit". Then a Monday pickup near Boston heading for Memphis. GOOD paying run. Almost makes the week for us!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
1,455 loaded miles since Mon, but all were .70/mi cheapies. No Sprinter runs yet.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
kinda bad week 1500 450 dh out of tx guess i'll need to ask for more next time they want me to go to tx sitting way down on board in memphis guees maybe tue i'll start rolling lol

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I've often seconded guessed my decisions...but if it was a good decision yesterday based on criteria, it is the same today...as we always say monthly performance is more a measure then weekly... There is a time to roll and a time to stay put....

Good words. And it only takes another load to get you moving again, which we got dispatched on today; a good one.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The week just improved we got a load going to Mojave, CA. The rate isn't the best but its OK, better than a negative paycheck. At least I will see my brother and Vegas.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

60MPH

Expert Expediter
1,455 loaded miles since Mon, but all were .70/mi cheapies. No Sprinter runs yet.

Wow you must really be hungry. Even if that is .70 plus a small fsc. Time to hold out for them sprinter loads. Work for yourself not them.

osumike33

Seasoned Expediter
Not particuarly happy with this week. Did a long run from Tacoma, WA to San Antonio, TX at a marginal rate and we're still in San Antonio now. I'm not blaming our carrier or the freight. Load selection blunders put us where we are.

Taking the load to San Antiono may have been a mistake. We might have done better by passing on it and waiting up there. The marginal load we declined yesterday that would have gotten us out of San Antonio looks better today.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Have one truck that's been in WA all week..back and forth between Seattle & Spokane a couple of times but nothing to get headed back east; San Antonio may be bad, Seattle seems worse, but could be the luck of the draw.

osumike33

Seasoned Expediter
Have one truck that's been in WA all week..back and forth between Seattle & Spokane a couple of times but nothing to get headed back east; San Antonio may be bad, Seattle seems worse, but could be the luck of the draw.

And another truck in Hammond, LA...so, WA/OR or this one, neither a hotbed from what I see. BUT, always optimistic (not always, but trying, anyway).

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Wow you must really be hungry. Even if that is .70 plus a small fsc. Time to hold out for them sprinter loads. Work for yourself not them.

Yeah being off last week for a couple of days didn't help. I still managed to squeeze a few extra dollars outta them dispatchers tho for DH a hand unload some toll money and detention.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I'll call ya in a bit. Missed your call. Trying to finish up three more phone call tasks off of my work to do list and then i'll be free to talk!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah being off last week for a couple of days didn't help. I still managed to squeeze a few extra dollars outta them dispatchers tho for DH a hand unload some toll money and detention.

I think bigger companies who refuse to let their cargo vans partner up with other carriers should pay dentention pay when they can't keep the truck busy!

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
DH outa OZ to OH so CBCO DVR could go to Class. On the boards since Friday. No Load since Tue In OZ. Dispatch whats for Supper Im Starving.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
my aunt hit a cow with her mercedes.Killed the cow,totaled her car .Farmer sued my uncle,cow was in the road,but ohio has open range law,instead of farmer being responsible for keeping cow in pasture,aunt was responsible to not hit the cow

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
my aunt hit a cow with her mercedes.Killed the cow,totaled her car .Farmer sued my uncle,cow was in the road,but ohio has open range law,instead of farmer being responsible for keeping cow in pasture,aunt was responsible to not hit the cow

Wait - what? Ohio law requires dog owners to maintain control of their pet, but not cows?! That's asinine!!