How is frieght

Tireman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Was wanting to know how frieght is right now, am thinking of going back out and want to know if it will be worth my time. I know things have been slow but am wondering if things have picked up. i am really interested in LEA but any co. doing good let me know
THANKS

blubomber1

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well, I logged 900 loaded miles from Mon-Thurs.,and sat Fri., Sat. & Sun. I expedite for Try Hours, and the dispatcher told me that this was the slowest weekend she's seen in a while....that would figure, this being my first week back doing this in almost 3 years.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Expedited freight will definitely not be this year what it has been in the past. Just not as good economy which cuts back automotive freight, which in turn I think channels down through most industry. It's now almost strictly "emergency" loads that shippers need someplace quick, maybe on a few times a year basis. There will only be as many expedite trucks out as there are pieces of expedite freight to haul. What my father describes as the "Water reaches its own level" theory.