How is everyone doing?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just wanted to see how everyone is doing? I talked to Steve the other night and he said EO seemed slow with posts. So I thought I would say hello to everyone. Okay Steve I posted something now. So lets get the party started, what you want to fight about? Steve said I haven't been posting so he had nobody to fight with. lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just wanted to see how everyone is doing? I talked to Steve the other night and he said EO seemed slow with posts. So I thought I would say hello to everyone. Okay Steve I posted something now. So lets get the party started, what you want to fight about? Steve said I haven't been posting so he had nobody to fight with. lol

Doing absolutely VANtastic Bruno....and you?:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Doin OKEE DOKEE!! Gonna put the boat in today for a test run and fish tomorrow. Watching game 7 tonight, life is good!! :D

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's picking up a bit. Still need more Canada freight. Watching the price of fuel very closely.

guido4475

Not a Member
I had my first week in the van, and it went and paid better than expected.I came home yesterday to get the plates and change the oil. Still in service, so we'll see what happens.The van has exceeded all my expectations so far.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
It's picking up a bit. Still need more Canada freight. Watching the price of fuel very closely.

Waitaminit, I read on this site that high fuel wuz a good ting. What are you watching for??

miker

Seasoned Expediter
Waitaminit, I read on this site that high fuel wuz a good ting. What are you watching for??

fuel being high a good thing is for the people who don't see the whole picture, they see a higher fuel surcharge and think their making better money not even realizing what the actual cost is, those people to put it mildly are a salesman's dream.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
When you do the math higher fuel costs with a higher FSC make you money. The better your fuel mileage is on a high fuel surcharge the lower your fuel costs which goes directly to your bottom line.

piper1 do you get a different rate for a fsc in Canada?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
From our one-truck, owner-operator point of view, higher fuel prices are a good thing, as long as our carrier's fuel surcharge holds. That's because we drive smart, spec'ed our truck smart and get better-than-average fuel economy as a result. Fuel surcharge calculations are based on an average, so having better-than-average fuel economy provides a distinct advantage.

From a competitive point of view, higher fuel prices are a good thing. They will tend to force more truckers out of the business, leaving more freight and pricing power for those who remain.

From a shipper's and consignee's point of view, higher fuel prices are a bad thing because they drive shipping costs higher.

From a consumer's point of view, higher fuel prices are a bad thing since they drive product prices higher and transfer more money from their pockets into their gas tanks.

From a macro-economic point of view, higher fuel prices are a bad thing since they slow economic activity.

So, if you are a trucker benefiting from higher fuel prices, you will also be hurt by them, in the form of higher-priced goods and services, reduced freight volumes, and reduced employment opportunities if you happen to need a career change.

Best, I think, for fuel prices to be low to help the economy recover, people to get back on their feet, business activity to increase and freight volumes and rates to rise.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I am not looking forward to the higher prices and they are slowly but surely creeping up.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I have hooked up with night run 5 nights a week delivering auto parts, about 210 miles round trip , it pays ok, but you gotta hand load and unload, no dock, but 5 nites there is always 2 people helping tp load and 4 outta 5 nites there is someone helping to unload, the whole thing only takes about 6 hours total, so it keeps home and gives me time to do locals during the day.
until last week where I was rear ended by a drunk driver in my truck, she was not even legally old enough to drink, so here is a set back, but things happen for a reason. 10,300.00 is the estimate for repairs on my truck with liftgate. feeling pretty bummed right now. but it will get better. she is lucky that she ended up hitting my lift gate , if she would have hit something normal she would be seriously injured or worse.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That is a lot on repairs but it sure could have been a lot worse for you and for her. Hope you can get it fixed quick and be back in the groove.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
Need new lift gate, bottom rail on both sides of van body, and several panels on right and left side buckled, I think the biggest cost is the lift gate and labor for all. she was in a small 4 dr car and I was driving about 35 mph,, she must have been doing 60 because at first I thought I got hit by a truck before I knew what it really was. your right it could have been a lot worse for both.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Yepper, seems you were going too slow in a 60, or she wuz going too fast in a 35. Mazing how tings happen when yer jes trying to get along. If I were a betting person, i'd bet she wuz going too fast in a 35. Way too fast. IF, that being the case, how many ya actually, really, feel happy she didn't learn a lesson this time?? After all there is considerable cost involved for everyone involved. Seems nothing ever gits any better until AFTER a bit of education.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Higher fuel prices increase my DH cost. When you have to cross the fence each time, DH is a significant part of your costs even if FX has a good DH structure, you just gotta go farther to get freight, or sit forever waiting for a Canada load to drop out of the sky wherever you are. No big, just the way it is.

Nope Linda, all my FSC's are based on the same as everyone else even tho "cheap" diesel in Ontario is $2.85 a US gal in USD. Montreal fuel is up near $3.15!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
IF, that being the case, how many ya actually, really, feel happy she didn't learn a lesson this time?? After all there is considerable cost involved for everyone involved. Seems nothing ever gits any better until AFTER a bit of education.

If she didnt learn a learn a lesson or realize what her lesson was at least by the next morning,,,, she has a drinking problem way worst then the rest of us..and properly will never know how lucky she was..She should have been shaking badly for days after connecting with a truck while driving drunk.

More proof the eduction we have been paying for thru tax dollars is a waste of money..Ppl have been educated on drinking and driving for years and years some just don't get it.
(I know,,I know, if it saved one person it propely was worth it)

Sorry to hear bout your wreck there mike,, hope ya get up and running fast