How Is Business

fawazbarraj

Seasoned Expediter
Hello,

I Am Thinking To Come Back To The Expediting Business At The Beginning Of Next Month............I Do Have A Five Years Experience in the expediting business With FedEx cc.

I Just Need Your Advise Before I Buy A Straight Truck......I Am Thinking To Buy A Reefer Unit..

So Please Let Me know How Is business Now Days???
And What Is The Average Weekly Gross For Teams And Solo

Thanks A Lot.
:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You can get the weekly avg figures from a FedEx recruiter, and the rest of the info from just reading through some of the forums here - it's all there already. Just make sure you read between the lines too, before committing to a deal, because it's tough for solos anymore. (Assuming that's what you're planning).
Best of luck!

guido4475

Not a Member
Yes, ms cheri is correct.It seems like solos will be a thing of the past.(or at least thats how I feel.)With the new hours of service, everyone wants teams.But the old rule still stands, it is hard to feed 2 families out of 1 truck.A husband/wife team or a team that the money goes to the same household would do alright, in my opinion.just a thought.

ds1450

Expert Expediter
Teams are great! BUT, I have always been a solo except for a very brief period that convinced me to be a solo. I have always, ALWAYS run very well but I know where, when and what rate to run for. Average trucking attitude.. no, you will not do well as a solo. Run a business, whether you own or contract for someone else, run it like you own it and do a little thinking... you will do better than most. I run for FDCC. The best for solo as far as I am concerned. I will be back on the road this Friday when I get my new truck. If anyone is interested, I will be happy to share my week to week experience. Have fun, use your head and make $Money!