How hard is it to get parts for a White/GMC tracto

Sterling_owner

Expert Expediter
I found a 93 in decent shape for $2500. I think it'll do the job of doing a local load here and there when needed.

2 1999 Sterling Semis
2000 Ford F650 24ft box truck
Now hiring driver in Cleveland, Ohio area.

D Green

Expert Expediter
RE: How hard is it to get parts for a White/GMC tr

I had a '94 White/GMC/Volvo tractor, sold it last year. What few parts I ever needed (wiper motor, hose tubes) were readily available at the Volvo dealer. There are a great many of these tractors still being used by the LTL people, keeping parts in demand.

Dennis

Sterling_owner

Expert Expediter

Thanks Dennis, so your truck was pretty reliable?

2 1999 Sterling Semis
2000 Ford F650 24ft box truck
Now hiring driver in Cleveland, Ohio area.

Twmaster

Expert Expediter

My father has one of those Volvo/White/GMC's 1994 model. Getting parts is a snap. Just visit your local Volvo dealer. However he is having big problems with the thing just shutting off due to electrical issues with the engine computer. His truck has ~800K miles though.

--
Mike N

D Green

Expert Expediter

S-O, the truck was extremely reliable. I purchased it from a dealer friend, that knew what I was looking for. He bought it at an auction, and resold it to me. He made $100 from the deal. I paid $6100 in 2000.

We do mostly hot-shot work, all flatbed. This truck was a day-cab, single axle, L10 310hp Cummins, 10sp Eaton, we pulled a 8x45 flatbed trailer, payloading to 35k #'s, mostly into La & S. Tx. The Cummins engine & Eaton tranny were excellent. No down time. (Wish I could get that engine in a class 7 truck) When sold, it was pushing 740k miles.

Sometimes, I wish I had stretched the frame, and kept it.

Dennis