Help!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Like OVM says, the expediting learning curve is a steep one, and it goes right through your wallet. This isn't simply a case of 'you've got your keys and your van and you're on the job,' this is an actual small business that you've started. You've basically bought a dry cleaners without knowing how much moisture you can have in the dry cleaning fluid or the chemistries behind basic spot removal, which means you're going to be buying a lot of ruined clothes until you get it figured out.

Steven W. Lyles

New Recruit
Researching
Hey ntimevan,
Thanks for taking the time out to give a reply. Yes I do have a buddy who's in this line of work. Yes he has promised me that he'll keep me working and that is something I believe. However, he's my only contact I had in this industry so once I got that Promaster(along with the payment) the reality kicked in! Hey if my buddy drops off the face of the earth I'm S.O.L. My buddy is will show me the ropes slowly because he needs me to help him further his company he knows I'm dependable, so he's in no rush for me to know the whole game. Yes and all of you guys are correct I should have done my research before diving in head first. However, the die has been cast now and there isn't any turning back now. So now I'm trying to take the crash course. Akkshole I'm definitely impressed with your track record and I'll follow in your path by attending trucking seminars and events. If you know of any schools or persons you can refer to me I'd greatly appreciate it and yes I'm willing to pay for that information. Thanks again to you guys for all your help and guidance.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
There are other guys here with more info and experience, just figured was my turn to point those things out...I drove OTR for 5 yrs before I bought a tractor...sold it not long before the fuel prices skyrocketed before FSC was passed on. Drove for others after that. But I wouldn't have bought a semi before learning what I could with no investment except for my time and energy. Same goes with expediting or even if I chose to be a dry cleaner...learn what you are doing before your mistakes cost you everything you have...as others on here have said...best way to make $1 million as an expediter is start with $2 million.