Help wanted

smitty555

Seasoned Expediter
I am seeking employment as an expedite driver in a D unit. I have a class A CDL with hazamat, air brakes and tanker endorsements. My driving record is Clean, no tickets or DUIs. Currently my driving is local only and do not have any OTR experience. My work history is long term, dedicated and company oriented. I have been reading through these fourms for the past year trying to learn all I can, which I must say have been very helpful.
I would like to work with a fleet owner or O/O that will be willing to show me the ropes. I have plans to be at the truck show in Kentucky this March. I would be interested in speaking with recruiters and owners to iron out any details of employment. I don`t know if any of them offer any type of health insurance but that would be a positive note. I realize this should be posted in the classified ads however, I thought it might raise some communiciation that might be helpful for my trip plans to KY.
Thank all of you for your assistance and patience,
Smitty

4U2JoinTheCat

Recruiter Moderator
Smitty, We would love for you to drop by the Panther Expedited Services booth while you are in Louisville. We have a large contingent of fleet owners and I'm sure one of the would be interested in your services. My only concern would be where you call home. There is not much (read that ANY) expedite freight either from or into your home area. Unless your in a deal where your buying the fuel, or you park a car somewhere in central FL and drive it home instead of the truck, some owners will have real reservations about hiring you.

smitty555

Seasoned Expediter
Jeff,

Yes, I understand that not much expedite freight comes to south florida, especially the Keys.
But part of my business plan is to relocate, I have family that lives in the Dayton , Ohio area that will be my home time. Does Panther have enough freight for solo drivers? I`ve read that some fleet O/O offer a mentor for the newbies?
Thanks,
Smitty

smitty555

Seasoned Expediter
I suppose that this time of year the recruiters aren`t looking for to many drivers. I thought there would be a little more response to my post. Has freight dried up with the slow down in the economy?
Thanks, Smitty