help finding someone to file taxes

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
My tax return this year will be tricky. I've drove about six months of the year and will have 3 different 1099 forms. Also I have had 3 w2 forms. The wife will have one w2. Also have two children to claim. My biggest concern is deductions I've been keeping all fuel tickets. And will have right at 156 days for per diem to claim. I'm thinking I can claim the maintenance on the van also. Does anyone know of a good accountant at a fair price. That knows the business that we are in.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Frank..he goes by fkatz on here...I have used him ..good guy..knows his stuff...

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Morning Underdog,

I have read your message and let me ask you a few questions.

All income must be reported W-2's and 1099's but each would be considered as separate income, you 1099s are for you being an independent Contractor, and have to file a Sch C, Profit or loss from Business/Profession
the w-2 go on a separate line, plus any other income that is derived, Interest from bank accounts, stocks, etc.

You say you have a Cargo Van, and have driven it only a couple of months this year. you have a choice of doing your taxable deductions 2 ways.

1. An accurate record of your mileage, or

2. Depreciation and Actual Expenses, Fuel, Insuance, repairs, maintenance, parts, etc for the van

plus your per Diem for the 156 days you were on the road.

As far as personal is concerned.

You will file your return Married, filing Joint
You will claim all dependents ( Childern )
IF you own a house,

You can also claim
Medical expenses
1 Health Insurance paid out of your own pocket
2.all Doctors co pays
3 all Dentists co pays
4 All RX co-pays
5 Vision Centers,and eye doctors, glasses
6 Medical Miles can be claimed. from your home to all of the above doctors ( $.14 per nmile )
but Medical expenses are subject to 7.5% of your adjusted Gross income

Mortgage Interest,
Real Estate Taxes
Vehicle Tax if in a state where they tax you separately
Cash Contributions,
Church Tides, and other like TB, Cancer, any charitible organization.
Non- Cash Contributions
Goodwill, Salvation Army, Church Ministries Stores, etc must have written receipts, and pictures and listing of all items given, these are considered non-cash contributions

Stock Losses of stockes sold, must have original purshase price per share and when Date purchase and sold, that should be on the broker 1099

Any retirement Income on a 1099R, Unemployment Income 1099 G

If you have any question please do not hestitate to ask,

i have a expense sheet available to all for Cargo Van Mileage and Per Diem proof, truck expense sheet, Shower and Laundry expense sheet, just e-mail me at th following e-mail address or give me a call

Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039 Fax: (704) 739-3934
e-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: File Your Return Online
Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB,

Providing Professional Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Income Tax Preparation Services

Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding related

penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax
related matters addressed herein.