Help! 18 eaton high side noises

truckinmom214

Rookie Expediter
05 379 with 18 Eaton, shifts smooth, no shavings on magnet, fluids good. Low side is great but when I put it in the big hole it make a racket! I don't know how to explain the noise other than a brake squeak with a slightly grinding, scratching that is more prominent at acceleration and somewhat planes out to a low hum after up to speed? A vibration can be felt on the clutch peddle and if I apply pressure only taking out the free play in the clutch the noise goes away! I don't know if I am overthinkin this or I just can't see the answer....floor mat isn't on peddle (give me some credit) pretty sure clutch is not outta adjustment, could it be a throw out bearing? Clutch brake? Weights thrown off balance on the driveshaft? High side inner sleeve? I'm baffled and really not sure where to start. Any advice is more than appreciated :D

TruckingSurv

Seasoned Expediter
It sounds like something in the clutch system, BUT seems a bit odd to only happen on the high side, in other words the symptoms and the apparent cure seem unrelated?

I know I am not much help, but the free play removal and the noise going away sure sound like clutch, not transmission?
TS

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Coul also be the pilot bearing in the flywheel spinning mine does it even after the 140.00 fix it kit from freightliner! Started 50k into it's life both times now

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey mods, maybe this thread could be moved to the correct section since it has nothing to do with being a newbie.