Headsets for cell phones

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Here's an interesting one... Who has the best Online deals for headsets- Not Ear Pieces!! Headsets. And who has the best deals for headsets OffLine?... in everybody's opinion... and why? I'm looking for a good headset from about 80 bucks to say 100 or so dollars. Trying my search from a different angle. Have at it!! Let me Hear it! :)

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
By the way, just to emphasize... I'm talking strictly about Headsets, with the boom mic's that come down and around. Blue Tooth of course.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A lot of people will say Blue Parrot is the best. With BT it does seem like you get what you pay for. You will usually find the best deals on ebay or yahoo but when it comes to electrobics I like buying somewhere I can walk n and return it. Do n ot buy someplace like pilot without check return policy unless they changed you cannot return it to the store you have to del with the vendor.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just use the ear buds with the built in microphone that came with my iPhone. Works perfect.

Monty

Expert Expediter
In the past few months, I have bought 3 headsets ... two of those Blue Parrot look alike's at the truckstop, and finally a new Blue Parrot .. (I had one before) ... all are giving me issues. Folks say I cut in and out .. it may be my old LG phone that is the problem, I'm not sure.

My friend has a Garmin Nuvi with handsfree capabilities in it, I'm taking it along when I leave home to "field test" it ...

And I have seriously considered one of those Cobra cb's with bluetooth in it ..

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
In the past few months, I have bought 3 headsets ... two of those Blue Parrot look alike's at the truckstop, and finally a new Blue Parrot .. (I had one before) ... all are giving me issues. Folks say I cut in and out .. it may be my old LG phone that is the problem, I'm not sure.

My friend has a Garmin Nuvi with handsfree capabilities in it, I'm taking it along when I leave home to "field test" it ...

If you're serious about talking on the CB then stay away from that cobra with the Bluetooth link. Nothing beats a good microphone for talking loud and getting those meters wall to wall.

My Bluetooth is a plantronics 975. Love it.

fired at you from my Droideka

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The B250 is a good unit, but i went to the Expressway and the battery life is awesome! It's far, far better than my B250 and the sound quality is everything you'd expect from Blueparrot.

Notanewbie, after trying 3 units, it's gotta be your phone.

fketchum

Seasoned Expediter
I have the blue parrot 250xt also. It works great. My brother is also a truck driver and we can't tell if the other is driving or not the noise canceling is so good. After long periods of use mine become uncomfortable but anything else would after a l
ong period of use

guido4475

Not a Member
I have the Blue Parrot 250xt and love it, also.I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro for use when in public, to ward off those strange looks from people not used to seeing someone with a boom type headset...lol. They both work well,but the Plantronics is alot more clear,for me to hear, anyway.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Sometimes my hot button gets pushed ... yesterday was it .... if you wish a Blue Parrot headset, you can find mine in 3 parts alongside US 59 in east Texas!

And yes, it may have indeed been the fault of my old LG phone, but no matter . it's there waiting in you!

About that Cobara cb .. the cb function is really not very important to me .. i got over the cb about 35 years ago ... :eek:

I am going to Verizon in the next couple of days for a new phone, I may see what they have there in the manner of a hands free ...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I talk on the phone a lot and I am rough on head sets. We have had the Blue Parrot and we were perfectly happy with them. I say them as we need at least two head sets in the truck often one charging and talking on the other. When it came time to replace on of the head sets we were not at a location to get a Blue Parrot and we bought a Silverado XT-767.

I have had these two headsets for over a year and they still amaze me with the battery life and their ability to handle abuse. My headset has a little tape on it as I tried to rip it off of the holder one day and broke a few things....

I use a very good ear bud when out of the truck and I get complaints about sound quality until I go back to the truck and put on the Silverado. We bought these headsets at two different TA's and one being Ontario East in California and not sure where we picked up the other one.

When these have to be replaced we will either buy another Silverado or the Blue Parrot.
Silverado XT-767

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I think that would be the way to go. Mr. Bear will not pull you over when he sees you on the CB. He might if he see's the cell or headset in those states that look for a reason.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I dont use the blue tooth, except when I'm in the vehicle ... so .. I went over to Verizon to check into a new phone, while browsing I noticed a "hand free" that clips to the sunvisor .... $59.00 ... so I'm giving it a try .... so far the few calls I've made with it folks say they can hear me just fine ..... I'll follow up in a few days ..

Looks like I could have gotten it cheaper online .. but I needed it today!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/motorola-t215-bluetooth-reg-car-speakerphone.shtml

Attachments

• mot_incar_speakerphone.jpg
    mot_incar_speakerphone.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 6

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, it seems as if I made a good post. I'm seeking a real over-the-head headset with the boom mic. The ear pieces fall out, especially when going under trailers and messing with sliding tandems. Those who run vans and straight trucks won't understand this unless they've done it a lot in the past. Anyways, the Blue Parrot seems to get a lot of good reviews, as does Planetronics brand.

I've heard many mixed reviews on that Cobra CB with BlueTooth... the way I see it, if it was such a big hit and so popular... then why haven't all the other CB makers gone to offering a "product" with BlueTooth? Just food for thought. I think I'll just keep my Cobra 25 and get a Blue Parrot or Planetronics HeadSet with the boom mic.

Hopefully this post was helpful for others as well as me.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
One of the things I like about the Blue Parrott is that when my first one stopped accepting a charge, I was able to go into their office in New Hampshire and have it reconditioned, Did I mention for free?

Monty

Expert Expediter
I've been using this thing for awhile now, I like it. Folks say they can hear wind noise if my window is down, otherwise it it is the best they've heard me in sometime.