Groundhog day

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
[h=1]Groundhog Day 2013: No shadow for Punxsutawney Phil, so spring is around the corner[/h]By Jason Samenow
02022011-22v.jpg

Punxsutawney Phil (Keith Srakocic - AP) At 7:25 a.m.Saturday, amidst overcast skies, and frigid temperatures hovering around 8 degrees, Groundhog Phil failed to see his shadow in the small town of Punxsutawney, Pa.
According to folklore, no shadow for Phil means “there will be an early spring.” Had Phil seen his shadow, it would have meant six more weeks of winter.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

Attachments

• 1359825111365.jpg
    1359825111365.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 30

briggie1

Seasoned Expediter
I am from Punxsutawney pa. Where Groundhog Day is. And I can tell you it looks nothing like the movie

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am from Punxsutawney pa. Where Groundhog Day is. And I can tell you it looks nothing like the movie

That's because the movie was shot in a town near Chicago.

I looked for familiar landmarks when I saw the movie, and was similarly disappointed. While attending Clarion U, I drilled at the Reserve Center in Punxsy from 1979-1981, so I know a "little" about the place :)

Funny movie, though :)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
It would seem that Phil was right...literally thousands of migrating geese heading north over the Dakotas..so cool!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would seem that Phil was right...literally thousands of migrating geese heading north over the Dakotas..so cool!

Remember when watching geese migrate over ::: to wear glasses and keep mouth closed ........:rolleyes:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Remember when watching geese migrate over ::: to wear glasses and keep mouth closed ........:rolleyes:
We've got huge windows on the east side of the house so I can watch from inside...and the streamers keep coming and coming...wow! Must be a good travel day for them!