Greensboro NC

melanieanne

Seasoned Expediter
We rather be in South Carolina then sitting here in a FedEX freight yard waiting to Del.

No where to go and the closest place to eat is 3 miles away.

The run offers are a Joke. Just say no to cheap freight.

Canada is the pits no way.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Well, if you are willing to shift into a more positive frame of mind, there are things you can do to improve your circumstances while you wait to deliver.

I enjoy hanging out in FedEx facilities when the opportunity presents itself. The break rooms are usually graced with training materials, safety brochures, posters and company propaganda.

The training materials are especially useful. Because we are independent contractors who lease our trucks to a non-asset carrier, we don't receive this good information like employees do. To protect our independent contractor status, FDCC is careful -- perhaps too careful -- about providing us with training materials.

I have learned a lot about our carrier's parent company and about best practices for truck drivers by reading break room materials when "stuck" at a sister company facility.

The people we communicate with in Green get the same propaganda. The more you learn the language and phrases they use, the more they will listen to you when you speak their language.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I am feeling so VERY purple today! :) (Written while wearing contractor apparel)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Do you know Easytrader? He just wrote a post similar to yours?

bobwg

Expert Expediter
We rather be in South Carolina then sitting here in a FedEX freight yard waiting to Del.

No where to go and the closest place to eat is 3 miles away.

The run offers are a Joke. Just say no to cheap freight.

Canada is the pits no way.

I only ran Canada a few times this year for a certain account we have it paid good money in and out bad news is that company is closing its Canadian plant and moving part of its operations to the USA and the rest to Mexico

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you melanieanne and iceroadtrucker for volunteering your time, talent and energy to co-chair the Annual Dissociative Identity Disorder Drivathon. My pledge is in the mail.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
IRT seems to be afflicted with Idiots disease: Identity Disorder In Offering Two Suedonyms.
[Yes, I know I left out the 'P' - I gotta quit hangin around truckstops!] :eek:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
There are just so many things to respond to here in typical 'Johnson's fashion, but I fear most would be TOS violations.

I don't, however, believe they are only one person.

How 'bout some IRT decoder rings as door prizes at the next Expo, Lawrence?;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There are just so many things to respond to here in typical 'Johnson's fashion, but I fear most would be TOS violations.

I don't, however, believe they are only one person.

Probably 99 of 100 fake usernames don't ring any alarm bells for me, but the 'voice' of this one is just too distinct to be disguised, IMO. One of a kind, in fact. And I mean that literally.
A doppelganger? Female? :eek: I could be wrong, but I'm not buyin it.

How 'bout some IRT decoder rings as door prizes at the next Expo, Lawrence?;)

I think Moot's got the exclusive, and he's hoarding them, lol.