Great truck found on truck paper

moose

Veteran Expediter
had coffee @ the Stuckman's today & found this hot of a deal.
it's a well spec't 2007 Hino expediter with only 32,651mil.!
the sleeper is well equipped ICT, shower/toilt room, Generator and an upper bunk.
the box looks like the top quality ABC.
you can expect some seal leaking and such as the truck set for some time, and the fuel tanks are the metal one's.
good inspection is in order before making commitment.
go get'er.
Miles Truck & Equipment
good luck.
Moose.
(I'm Bbaaack!)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Hino may be okay, if you understand what you're buying.
If I had a great dealer and had light to med duty local work, I would think they'd be worth a look.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hino may be okay, if you understand what you're buying.
If I had a great dealer and had light to med duty local work, I would think they'd be worth a look.

MAYBE for local light stuff, NO WAY for an over the road expediter. My M2 is too wimpy for this work. The engine and tranny are fine, it's the rest of the truck that is wimpy. NO HEEEENO for me!

IF I were ever to buy a new truck it would be a Class 8. I am leaning towards not buying a new truck. I don't like the direction our business is going in. By "our" business I mean expediting in general.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I wonder how much of our better freight is going onto big trucks that have low cost labor in them.
Possibly just a situation of being in the right place at the right time.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wonder how much of our better freight is going onto big trucks that have low cost labor in them.
Possibly just a situation of being in the right place at the right time.

I don't know what we are seeing. All I know is that we see fewer and fewer good paying loads and fewer offers in general Our numbers are dropping, and pretty fast. FAR too many reefer loads that pay less than surface loads and surface loads that are paying van rates. Why are people taking these low paying loads? :confused: They are driving down rates.

I can tell you one thing FOR SURE. With what we are seeing right now there is just no way possible that I would invest $250,000 on a replacement truck for this one. It would go broke.

guido4475

Not a Member
I have always had real good luck with kidron boxes. The widest and highest roll up doors in the industry at the time. Real thick aluminum used on the side walls and stainless rear door frame. They outlast others quite a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Brown makes A nice box with barn doors inside diminsions of101" wide X 110" tall while the door opening is 98" wide X 108" tall. $14,000. installed for 24' box

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
had coffee @ the Stuckman's today & found this hot of a deal.
it's a well spec't 2007 Hino expediter with only 32,651mil.!
the sleeper is well equipped ICT, shower/toilt room, Generator and an upper bunk.
the box looks like the top quality ABC.
you can expect some seal leaking and such as the truck set for some time, and the fuel tanks are the metal one's.
good inspection is in order before making commitment.
go get'er.
Miles Truck & Equipment
good luck.
Moose.
(I'm Bbaaack!)

Just out of curiosity, how much are they asking for it? I have a 2005 Hino 268, got it for real cheap, it has a tiny sleeper, I wish it had a sleeper like that one does......

Mine has 350k on it, if I keep it at 60 or so mph I average between 10 and 11 mpg, depending on load and wind.

I have not had any real problems with it, the reason I got it for cheap was the hinges broke off of the hood, how they ever though the way they made them that wasnt going to happen amazes me. I fabricated brackets that go up and across the top of the hood and its probably stronger now that it was when new.

I bought it from the carrier that I run for, the dealer was only going to give them 3000 for it on trade, I told them I would give them 5000 for it. They replaced the transmission about a year ago, that was the only problem that they had since it was new. I do like that Hino uses Allison transmissions, not a GM fan, but they do know how to make a good transmission.

I have driven it to California and back already, bad roads make for a rough ride, but thats probably expected with any truck of that size.

My only other gripe with the truck is that it only has one 52 gallon tank, wish it had a 100 gallon capacity.

Deville

Not a Member
Just out of curiosity, how much are they asking for it? I have a 2005 Hino 268, got it for real cheap, it has a tiny sleeper, I wish it had a sleeper like that one does......

Mine has 350k on it, if I keep it at 60 or so mph I average between 10 and 11 mpg, depending on load and wind.

I have not had any real problems with it, the reason I got it for cheap was the hinges broke off of the hood, how they ever though the way they made them that wasnt going to happen amazes me. I fabricated brackets that go up and across the top of the hood and its probably stronger now that it was when new.

I bought it from the carrier that I run for, the dealer was only going to give them 3000 for it on trade, I told them I would give them 5000 for it. They replaced the transmission about a year ago, that was the only problem that they had since it was new. I do like that Hino uses Allison transmissions, not a GM fan, but they do know how to make a good transmission.

I have driven it to California and back already, bad roads make for a rough ride, but thats probably expected with any truck of that size.

My only other gripe with the truck is that it only has one 52 gallon tank, wish it had a 100 gallon capacity.

U should have offered them $3500.

I think Himo has a imilar rep that the 3126 motor has. Personally I love my 3126 the same way you love ur Hino. Inever liked Hino, the rep isn't great on the newer trucks. he cab overs were better trucks & they are ugly looking. The interiors look like Toyota tried so hard to make somthing nice that they failed miserably with the hard plastic & over sized guages. Not a truck for me.....unless it was a great & I mean a GREAT deal.

I do love a great deal.