Great app for scanning paperwork

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
One of our drivers started using a nice smart phone app to send paperwork in. It's called Drive Axle. You just take a picture of your paperwork one page at a time, put in an email address, and the recipient will get an email with a link to download the document as a PDF file. A few more of our drivers have begun using it recently and it works like a charm. Drivers can get their paperwork in faster and cheaper than having to pay for a fax or having to keep a scanner in the truck. It's also completely free.

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
SWEET, if all of us Load1 drivers didn't have scanners in our trucks with our Qualcomms, that would be handy. Thank You Load1.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
There's another one called Cam Scanner. It creates the .pdf on your phone and it can be stored locally. That works because some companies want both the image right away and the hardcopy mailed in, so this gives you a copy for your records. You can also upload it to Google docs or Drop Box or a few other options. There's both a free and paid versions.
--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Drive Axle is a great program (another free plug LOL).. it was created by a couple of guys I know. I told them they need to advertise here.

Dale

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
SWEET, if all of us Load1 drivers didn't have scanners in our trucks with our Qualcomms, that would be handy. Thank You Load1.

And we could have those fancy things too if we wanted another thing to charge drivers for each week.

Bottom line is there are a lot of drivers without a QC in the truck who could use something like this. It saves money for the guys who have a smart phone or iPod. Maybe someone who doesn't pay $35 a week for a QC could use an app like this to save a few more bucks.

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
And we could have those fancy things too if we wanted another thing to charge drivers for each week.

Bottom line is there are a lot of drivers without a QC in the truck who could use something like this. It saves money for the guys who have a smart phone or iPod. Maybe someone who doesn't pay $35 a week for a QC could use an app like this to save a few more bucks.

We only pay 30 a week, with our fancy scanners. Our company doesn't feel it needs to rip us off and charge us UNnecessary fees. BTW, that's the only fee Load1 charges me PERIOD, the convenience factor alone is worth that.

dad4evr1

Seasoned Expediter
Been using Camscanner for about a year...love it, no more wasting fuel to find a truckstop or paying $2 a page to fax things, great app

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I use Scanner Pro on my iPhone. It sends the PDF direct to the email address you want. Nice crop and multiple page features. I find that makes it easier. Around 5 bucks from the app store.

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
One of our drivers started using a nice smart phone app to send paperwork in. It's called Drive Axle. You just take a picture of your paperwork one page at a time, put in an email address, and the recipient will get an email with a link to download the document as a PDF file. A few more of our drivers have begun using it recently and it works like a charm. Drivers can get their paperwork in faster and cheaper than having to pay for a fax or having to keep a scanner in the truck. It's also completely free.

Its that the same as emailing from your phone, and just adding the pics as a attachment?

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
Not exactly. I son't think that would send it as a PDF.

Use the pdf app, and you can send it, and save it as a pdf.... Im sure it varies with smart phones tho... Technology is freaking amazing now days tho.. :)
It makes ur live easier when it works....

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Theres Kinkos and Copy shops everywhere today, But Drive axle and Cam Scanner work great for Android phones, Just be sure you have a well lit document on a flat surface. Try and find a local Office supply shop as theyll send faxes cheaper then the truck stop. I just downloaded Drive axle, you set up an account with your email address such as a Google or Yahoo account and its a great little App. I was using Cam Scanner I taped a piece of Black construction paper on the back of my Commercial Atlas and I use that as the base for the pictures, set it on the steering wheel, turn on the dome lights and BAM....instant PDF to Office via e mail...plus you can save a copy for your own records. Drive axle also has an Internet site...

Drive Axle

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter

But sometimes...those whacky scanners cop a 'tude.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums