GPS411...again

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
Ok to clear up confusion

I am a fleet owner with 6 trucks leased on to PII.
Occassionally my trucks get places that we do not have a lot of frieght out of...so I want to know where to move trucks to or try to find a load thru a different broker (using pII authority) to move the trucks.

Read about gps411 from you all...called them and was told that BECAUSE I was leased to PII I could NOT become a member. They did not want competition from PII or fed ex because we were too BIG. /boggle

Any organization that is afraid of competition is not worthy or likely to be around long imo.

I guess i can make a fake company with no trucks and use them.....but that kind of sucks.....so

that is the story.

Terri and Charlotte

BonnieMac

Expert Expediter
Terri and Charlotte,

Think its time for me to keep my opinions to myself or at least off this board.

Feel free to contact me privately.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It would be safe to say that Panther brokers their own loads that they don't want or can't cover. Much like any other company. They are essentially a direct competitor to GPS. That is likely why you were refused. Same situation if you try to sign directly up as a Fedex driver.
As for available loads through Panther, they will likely drop for a while as they have more coverage with the addition of Conway.
Just my quess.....but alittle too early to tell.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator