Gps

bikerbabe45

Active Expediter
WE NEED SO FEED BACK ABOUT THE DIFFERENT GPS DOES ANYBODY HAVE EXPERINCE WITH COBRA OR THE RAND MCNALLY GPS WITCH ONE DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST .:confused:

jmlaber

Seasoned Expediter
If you need commercial truck routing, go for the Rand McNally TND 510. I recently got it, and my co-driver and I like it. It hasn't let us down yet, and we've used it in NYC and Long Island.

eggd1ver

Seasoned Expediter
As far as a GPS for class 7 & 8 trucks for hazmat & truck routing cobra no good maping are so far off. the Rand McNally is the one for the money.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I have the garmin dezel. The one that came out last year. No major problems. Just a few times it has done stupid stuff. Like make me drive around block when i could have just made a left..but still love it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I to have been in time square to bfe. Like i said i love it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Monty

Expert Expediter
Well let me tell you ... Rand McNally is a piece of crap! All it's good for is the database listings of truckstops, etc.

You tell me, why would I drive from the Flying J in Texarakana, Ar to Longview, Texas, via Shreveport? Direct routing was 107 miles on the map ... on the Rand McNally it was 180 .. to begin with, and went down hill from there.

I was 40 miles from Longview, on on Rt 259, before it decided I could just go down 259 ..

The moment before, it had me going BACK to Texarkan and down . 194 miles!

This is not the first time it has done such stupid stuff.

If you have a laptop, just get a mapping program for it. I use DeLorme Street Atlas with the gps unit.

But, all units and programs will have some glitches, bad database info, etc ....

tknight

Veteran Expediter
garmn, all the way, My gf had a tom tom,it couldn't find itself , let alone the right place to go eat, it went out the window on i-75 one night

tk

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I tried both the Cobra 7770 and the Garmin Dehz. Returned the Cobra and kept the Garmin, I found the Garmin to be more user friendly to me. Pilot and Ta have a good return policy, so you can field test it to make sure it's a good fit for you. I really like my garmin but I do watch it closely because it likes to go sight seeing from time to time.

Sent from my DROID X2 using EO Forums

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
I tried both the Cobra 7770 and the Garmin Dehz. Returned the Cobra and kept the Garmin, I found the Garmin to be more user friendly to me. Pilot and Ta have a good return policy, so you can field test it to make sure it's a good fit for you. I really like my garmin but I do watch it closely because it likes to go sight seeing from time to time.

Sent from my DROID X2 using EO Forums

Sightseeing!!! Thanks for telling me. Now I understand what mine was doing! Still love mine - flaws and all. LMAO!