Goodbye Everyone!

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
I have really enjoyed this site while being out on the road! I hope everyone has a profitable year... but hubby and I are returning to home and local jobs. The thrill of the road is gone for us, and the sitting for long periods was starting to drive us nutts. Our youngest son has enlisted in the military and more than ever it is important for us to have a home base. I will even miss a little our crazy soapbox talk- one less liberal on this site ! So take care, stay safe, and I hope freight picks up and it's back to buisness as usual !!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey you don.t have to leave us because you are leaving the biz....besides layout and chef needs more targets! *lol*;)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey DMC, you don't need to give up E.O. just because you are retiring. This site can't afford to lose any more liberals, especially now!

Enjoy your new life!

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
Okay I will stay! He he he he- I wont leave my liberal brothers and sisters (what is there like 5 of us?) He he he.. thanks guys for the well wishes!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some of the recent postings from the Right are pushing me ever so slightly in your direction. Stick around in case I should ever make it that far left. I want someone there to greet me!

paid vacationer

Seasoned Expediter
Hmmm...ever think there's only 4 or 5 of "you guys" for a reason. Anybody who actually wants to work and support themselves can't be a true liberal. Sorry if the truth hurts.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some of the recent postings from the Right are pushing me ever so slightly in your direction. Stick around in case I should ever make it that far left. I want someone there to greet me!

Sounds like the alfrankenosis virus is really going around up there.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
DMC, come to the soapbox and slap me down as needed. A gentle rebuke keeps us on our toes.

BTW, my son just enlisted as well. We're on the same team, just different perspectives.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Always a pleasure having you around. Still need to hang out whether driving or not.
Good luck on the new gig.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds like the alfrankenosis virus is really going around up there.
Yeah it could be the alfrankenosis.

What you want?

One gold. One frankincense. One myrrh.

We three kings of orient are.
Tried to smoke a rubber cigar.
It was loaded.
It................................................

When the vote margin between Franken and Coleman was so close that the Minnesota recount law kicked in I had pretty much concluded that Franken would eventually be the winner. Minnesota may not be as corrupt as Illinois when it comes to politics. Up here we do what is right (left). And that means picking a Democrat for Senate.

What has got me leaning left of center is the garbage from some of these self proclaimed conservatives. Can you do any more damage to the Republican Party and conservatism with your inane blog copy and pastes? With friends like you I don't need to follow the mainstream media. "I get all the news I need from the weather report."

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey, good luck, your gonna be missed but you won't be gone. Believe me, I hit the slipstream two years ago after 10 years of expediting, but I neve left the board, it still keeps me in touch, makes me wish I was back doing it again. But like all things, we always think of the good things in the past, those irrating times just seemed to have disappeared.
Anyway best of luck.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Moot said:
"Yeah it could be the alfrankenosis.

What you want?

One gold. One frankincense. One myrrh."

Do I detect a George Thorogood reference??

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Anybody who actually wants to work and support themselves can't be a true liberal. Sorry if the truth hurts.
Me thinks someone is sadly misinformed on what a "true liberal" actually is ....... probably along with a host of folks that seem to think that a "true conservative" means some sort of a slavish devotion to "my country right or wrong" and all sorts of foreign adventurism ...... and many other things, which it don't .....

Both terms have been perverted from what they originally meant .... some of what passes itself off as either liberalism or conservatism these days is neither .....

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, stick around.

It has always been so much fun to irritate liberals.

PS. How did you come to believe there were three kings?

Ah, the power music and traditions of men.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Good luck in your 'next chapter'. Let us know how long it takes before you start hearing the road calling your name. With anyone that's driven otr, unless you were totally miserable, you will soon feel the pang to get back out there. :) It can be very addicting!!