good week end

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
last week i had an 800 miles trio now im on a 1706 miles trio from ohio to Mc Allen texas is antbody out there haveing good luck also

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Holland mi to Bowling Green Ky then Hendrson Ky to Alamo TX(1400m) then 16 miles DH to Hildago Tx going to Sidney Oh(1600m).After Sydney we went over to Marysville that morning to have some PM done on van...by 3 we had a P/U in Columbus to Wilmington NC for the next morning delivery...by 1pm we got a call to pic in Reidsville NC to Detroit actually Wayne assembly and then chased us to Saginaw going to Mississippi...got that off and then chased to the Birmingham area to Lafayette Ind for Friday a.m. delivery But on Thursday they called and asked if we was working the weekend and of course we are so they prebooked us for 11a.m pic in Plymouth Ind to the Breezewood Pa for a 23:30 Monday delivery!!!

Total 6800 miles Approx in 10 days!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This is my longest run (so far): Pittsburgh to Seattle, 2550 miles. And since I like the Pacific Northwest, I won't be too upset if I sit for a day or two there, either.:) :)

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
BAD Luck here Was with Jung Express and Refused to pay me for a trip from dyer In to Atlanta GA so off to bolt express this comming thurs

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
They didnt get paid and besides just had trouble keeping up with their system I had to supply my own fuel card and all kinds of other things. Just not the company for me. Why do you ask?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I ask because it's wrong to refuse to pay you, unless you've violated the terms of your agreement. Whether they got paid or not is irrelevant, and entirely their problem. Unless your contract states that you get paid only after they do, or they didn't get paid because of an ommission on your part, (like not getting a valid POD signature) they are withholding your money without just cause, IMO.

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
Its gonna get deemed as my fault because its " lost paperwork" so Ill just chock it up as a loss I have to go to a company that pays every week and has their own fuel card and seems to have some stabilty. I am just a solo driver but I know I can run more than 1500 miles a week esp when im availble at least 80% with them when you have those trk pmts every month and ins and try to keep up with fuel when ur only gettin paid every 2 weeks and ur fuel card wants paid every week its rough and no place for a newbie like me.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Well, did you lose the paperwork or did they?

Pay every other week is something you should've considered before you started with them. Unfortunately, I know what you mean about fuel. It's hard to start out with a company, get paid every other week, then try to keep the tanks full. You either need the bux, the credit, or a company that babysits you with a card.

Good week? Yes, considering it didn't start till Wed for me. 3 days, 3 loads, almost 1900 miles; and almost got a good one today. Oh well... booked for Tues tho. Joisy to Mississippa.

Cheri... hope you get out of the NW! I'd love to be there for next Sunday!!!

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As I said in a PM to MissouriNewbie: if you turn in the only copy of your signed POD, you're asking for trouble! I may be really bad about backing up my computer data, but I make sure I have copies of the necessary paperwork to get paid - if it gets "lost", I will cheerfully provide a replacement. Ok, maybe not always cheerfully, but I will fax it, anyway.;)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I get paid off of a faxed copy. Then I just turn in the originals when I send in all my paperwork for the month.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
YEah like i said rookie mistake but I learned in more ways than one but still didn't like their system and couldnt make it so hopefully bolt is the answer but right now it has to be cause if not I may find my self on the corner with no house cars or Dunit lol.

are12

Expert Expediter
Unfortunate for us, we had a lousy week! Started out good with a load from MA to Texarkana, TX (after getting the load off from our breakdown) but then everything went to crap.

Went to W Memphis, which was a big mistake, too many trucks sitting in the area and not even a load offer by late afternoon Friday. Ended up dead heading 1100 miles to the house - by that time, we knew we would not get anything heading us in our direction, that would deliver before Tuesday.

The best we can hope for, is when we come back on the 11th, we will be kept very busy til Christmas!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Cherri, I would hang around.Several times we have loaded out of Vancouver BC back to the east.

chaz

Expert Expediter
Almost sounds like you drive for Nations Express. I took a load from Ohio to Mc Allen Texas a few times.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Nice week bambam.
I've been off for a few weeks taking care of personal stuff. Right now I'm in Salt Lake looking for a run back east.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
are12,
you shouldv'e stayed in little rock. they got loads going to toledo, princeton,in, plus russelville has that dana plant with alot of loads going out. i know alot of people might not think little rock is a decent spot, but i never had any trouble. plus it seemed alot of times i would get swaps there as well.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Don't you check for these things during a pre trip inspection? You just never know what will happen during a post trip.