Good Things That Obama has Done

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
He also had a playground built for his kids lol!

He has also been the best salesmen the ammo and firearm companies have had in a long time.

Attachments

• l_8234f29170ba39999c38d7f995b63f8b.jpg
    l_8234f29170ba39999c38d7f995b63f8b.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Mr. Egg,Greg is really an extreme lefty who parades around this site as an independant but comes off like Rush's brother. Greg took a long break as did I,to work on Obama's campaign.
He will never admit it in this life time, but I have the goods on him.
So humor him, but keep in mind Greg is a wiley guy and loves the action.He is also smart as a whip as well informed. He loves to scap and is willing to take the right side for the sake of a good debate.
Say good night Gracie.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Biggest infrastructure investment? Really? What percentage of the Stimulus Package is for infrastructure?

Anyone?...

Beuller?... Bueller?

eggd1ver

Seasoned Expediter
Mr. Tallcal, I to enjoy a good debate but I also will bring Ideals from both side to the debate. I feel our congress is in place to debate these Ideals and to find a commen ground to better our country and lives. I personaly feel we gotten far away from this because the two parties want it there way are the HIGHWAY!!!!

They need to get off there high horse and start taking care of this great land or our lives as we know today will change and I don't mean for the better.

All have a good day, Will not be back on until I get to Ohio for orientation at Panther.

Rick the eggdiver!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Biggest infrastructure investment? Really? What percentage of the Stimulus Package is for infrastructure?

Anyone?...

Oooh. Oooh. Pick me. Pick me.

8 billion dollars is devoted to high speed rail projects. Unfortunately most of these are new projects. Like the high speed rail service proposed between Minneapolis and Chicago. It is really more of a medium speed train. Shaving off about 90 minutes over the existing Amtrak service. Duplicating a government subsidized service with another government subsidized service.

States are going gah-gah over the prospect of "free money". But they fail to realize that once this stuff is built it costs money to maintain it! Similar to urban freeways, states get federal money and go crazy with it. A few years later the states can't afford to patch potholes or plow the roads.

If the new administration wants to throw money around at least earmark it for existing infrastructure that is in desperate need of repair or upgrading.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Hey Eddie,I've goy a few.

1) Every single African American child now realizes they can attain a stature in our country that was was unthinkable 1 year ago. (a black can't get elected was a common phrase on this very forum)

2)Even though Obama is against Gay marriage it does change the debate and he is not slamming those that think differently.Conservative states are actually leading the legal definition at this point. A good thing for our country whether your agree or disagree.

3) He and his wife are recieving rock star receptions overseas. Is that important? Some would argue not,I happen to think it's refreashing on the surface.Can it make peace come to Isreal and the Palestinians? Don't rule it out yet,give it some time

4) I believe he truley believes AND understands the importance of eduaction and has not immiedietly cut education funds to satisfy budget constraints.No child left behind was a sham so he can only improve. Wait and see.

5) Unemployment figures seem to be dropping but thats probably a natural cycle at this point. However if they keep dropping naturaly and stimulas begains to slowly kick in we might be on a road out of this thing,big maybe.

6)There is hope among some that a President that insists on open Government ( if indeed he follows through with action and not words) may be able to control lobbiests from running the show. There are early signs he means it.

7) Finally,he's doing something. He's spending billions on those areas that were ignored instead of billions on a war that did not need to be fought. Our counrty has been rotting for years. Your buying tires because the roads are so jacked up and hitting your bottom line hard.Thats rediculous and this guy is hearing you.Nobody has been listening to your legit concerns and you know that.It's why I got out of it. Going broke because of tires is stupid.

Looking for a C+ Eddie.

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Eddie,I've goy a few.

1) Every single African American child now realizes they can attain a stature in our country that was was unthinkable 1 year ago. (a black can't get elected was a common phrase on this very forum)

2)Even though Obama is against Gay marriage it does change the debate and he is not slamming those that think differently.Conservative states are actually leading the legal definition at this point. A good thing for our country whether your agree or disagree.

3) He and his wife are recieving rock star receptions overseas. Is that important? Some would argue not,I happen to think it's refreashing on the surface.Can it make peace come to Isreal and the Palestinians? Don't rule it out yet,give it some time

4) I believe he truley believes AND understands the importance of eduaction and has not immiedietly cut education funds to satisfy budget constraints.No child left behind was a sham so he can only improve. Wait and see.

5) Unemployment figures seem to be dropping but thats probably a natural cycle at this point. However if they keep dropping naturaly and stimulas begains to slowly kick in we might be on a road out of this thing,big maybe.

6)There is hope among some that a President that insists on open Government ( if indeed he follows through with action and not words) may be able to control lobbiests from running the show. There are early signs he means it.

7) Finally,he's doing something. He's spending billions on those areas that were ignored instead of billions on a war that did not need to be fought. Our counrty has been rotting for years. Your buying tires because the roads are so jacked up and hitting your bottom line hard.Thats rediculous and this guy is hearing you.Nobody has been listening to your legit concerns and you know that.It's why I got out of it. Going broke because of tires is stupid.

Looking for a C+ Eddie.

LOL thanks for responding the way you did ....for your efforts on your homework you get a B
And thanks again!

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Really? Oh come on Andy that is a bunch of BS and you know it. The only people keeping black down are their own who keep beating into the heads of the children that they are not worth anything and will never become anything unless they prescribe to a twisted way of thinking. It is keeping them enslaved in many ways. Obama is not the best example, the president is a hard job to get but there are others just as hard and just as important. The difference is Obama could not do this on his own while others did do it. I remember a very disgusting display of ignorance and elitism from Cosby while on the Larry King show. They were talking about Clarance Thomas, and for anyone who has their eyes open, it shows the problems I am talking about.

That's funny, Obama will do what he is told to do by his handlers and nothing more. He has yet to intervene in the California situation and knows that it is not an important issue.

Rock stars like actors and actresses are useless people, only entertainers and idiots. But with that said I don't want a rock star president, people don't respect them as they do a man who leads.

Peace? You are joking right? He may move it along but he is already snubbing Israel and they will do what they want. Obama can't and won't pull aid from them unless he wants to lose his next election and lose the congress.

But the real problem is he is too immature to understand what is needed over there, rhetoric and star quality won't do it.

Wait a minute, if the guy was so set on the importance of education, then why is he against the DC voucher program?

It seems that the first place he should be doing his best is in the place he actually has control over - DC. He is against anything but public education and he has been hypocritical on the issue.

Here is another BS line from the talking points. The unemployment rate for new applications came down in the last month which means nothing. When adjusting the rate for the other factors, the rate actually goes up. The stimulus package hasn't produced one job outside of the public sector, and got to tell you it hasn't save any either.

You on some sort of hallucinogenics?

I don't see any move for an open government at all, he lied. He is more secretive than the last four presidents combined, he has been part of organizations that are in many ways worst than some secret societies and he refuses to actually come forth and tell it like it is. The WH doesn't disclose things like travel expenses, operating budgets, the congress is more tight lipped about whats in the bills and in committees meetings with exclusion of other memebers of congress and we the people are more in the dark on how things are being planned and spent. If he wasn't lying, the treasury department would be operating with full disclosure but in fact the GAO is getting very concern with the lack of accountability of TARP money and has asked the administration what's going on but they told the GAO pretty much go to h*ll.

Andy, he can't spend a dime and if you want to know what it is like to live with a democratic government, come to Michigan. We have spent millions on the roads and even the work that was done a few years ago is now being replaced - why? Because the money was thrown at the contractors and the inspectors were order to write off it was done to specs.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jeez - less than 6 months after taking on the [arguably] biggest challenge facing any new president, you ask what the man has done?!
Well, for starters, he hasn't lost his mind, or his sense of humor, or his resolve to address the tough issues. He's clearly learned that many areas are far too complex for any quick or simple solutions, but I do like his attitude [ie: let's talk about the issues with respect for the opposition, rather than acrimony].
He's sent a clear message to the credit card and banking industries that greed and deception are not acceptable, practices the Bush administration turned a blind eye towards.
And yes, he planted a garden - though actually, it was Mrs Obama who did that, but it's a great thing: demonstrating a commitment to self reliance and working for healthy habits, not just mouthing the platitudes.
As TC mentioned, the Obamas have put a new face on America, one I think will be more respected overseas than the previous administration.
It's really too early to have much concrete evidence, but I'm encouraged, anyway. Obama is much more relaxed and confident than his predecessor, and smart enough to not pretend that he knows more than he actually does. I expect we'll find fault with some of his decisions, but overall, he will be a good president, IMO.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh please. As usual Greg has the patience to dissect things rather than just recognizing and stating that it's mostly silliness. I wish I had half that much patience. And Cheri, come on, it was Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi denying and denouncing during the Bush administration that put a stop to Fannie/Freddie accountability a few years ago. That's documented on videotape of the hearing.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Oh please. As usual Greg has the patience to dissect things rather than just recognizing and stating that it's mostly silliness. I wish I had half that much patience. And Cheri, come on, it was Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi denying and denouncing during the Bush administration that put a stop to Fannie/Freddie accountability a few years ago. That's documented on videotape of the hearing.

I've told Cheri that a few times.

Come on, girl! Edjumakate yourself! ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm doin just what y'all are: picking up as much info as possible, then sifting it to form my own opinion - which differs from many others'.
I wasn't referring to Freddie or Fannie, [nor defending Pelosi or Frank - they're not my favorite people either] but to the big credit card and banking megamonopolies. They've been deceiving, taking advantage of, and preying on the less fortunate for years, without restraint. I applaud Obama's message to them to knock it off already, a message long overdue.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Greg,I quit eating those lovely little mushrooms a few years back,but if you know where I can get some good ones ?! But then again you would nothing about enlightenment so I'm probably barking up the wrong Michigan tree.LOL. I love it when you bring drugs into the mix,it's so you dude.Yea,I'm really high Greg,just cruisin' along in my dreams....

I still maintain your really a very wiley guy who just gets off on being the biggest guy on the street with the biggest stick.Were you a bully in school ? Your much brighter then your posts, yet your enjoy dumbing down to be the leader of the "guys" around here.
They look to you for guiedance (not surprising) and heap the praise, just as you know they will ,everytime you do your little disection number.It's kind of sick in a humorous way.

It's 85 and the waves are wispering in the gentle breeze with the slightest scent of salt in the air.
Outta here.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
...he hasn't lost his mind, or his sense of humor, or his resolve to address the tough issues.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder will do that to a person. :D

Read this. There will be things in there that, whether you agree with them or not, you should be aware of. Don't get caught in the Cult of Personality. For if you are, it's too late. ;)

Understanding Obama

The article is penned by Ali Sina, also the author of Understanding Muhammad: A Psychobiography of Allah’s Prophet and the founder of Faith Freedom International, the movement of ex-Muslims created to eliminate hate through knowledge and foster amity among all mankind.

Understanding Muhammad: A Psychobiography of Allah’s Prophet is a book many Americans and others in the west should be reading. "Why are some Muslims intolerant, violent and supremacist? Why do they bully? What spurs them to riot and murder over the silliest things? To understand Muslims, one must understand their prophet."

Again, written by an Iranian ex-Muslim.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm not a fan of psychology [particularly Freudian]and I absolutely am not a member of the 'cult of personality'. I never thought 'anyone would be better than Bush', and I don't expect Obama will [or even could] perform miracles. I guarantee that if I saw him in person, I wouldn't be swooning, screaming, or overcome, either.
But I think he truly wants to be a good President, for all the people of America, and the way some folks trash the man before he's had a chance to prove who he really is just makes me feel sad for us all.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
No Cheri, he has already proven that he doesn't want to be the peoples president. His demeanor has changed back to his old self after the election - remember the off the rack suits and the out of the box shoes or Michele's "I am just like the mother who is struggling with making ends meet" thing?

All has changed, they are not like us, they don't want to be like us and they don't care about us. There is an arrogance about them that is just like the others. Bush on the other hand was not as two faced, but nevertheless the same.

I firmly believe he sees evil in our country, he knows what he is doing and what he believes is the right thing to correct the "problems" of the country. There was another president just like him, Woodrow Wilson.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
gee guys you can't have your cake and eat it too!!

As far as the banking shank goes...you blame the powers that were for not enforcing the bank rules and then say the government shouldn't be involved? huh?

Since the regulatory board messed up the government is just righting a wrong... that they created...it goes to show capitalists have to have rules....without them they get real greedy...proof is in the ARM scam...

The GM thing is just wrong tho....the gov had no business in that mess....the company would have been sliced and diced as is happening now but we'd still have those billions wasted in the coffers....