Good place to move to, as an expediter

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
We live right off 71 near cincinnati and never have trouble getting out or getting home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
That's what I thought. I wanted to try one for a few months.
Made a fleet owner an offer he couldn't refuse..
He refused it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't live in upstate NY

I didn't ask where you live. I was responding to your comment that it's "not worth living in the land of taxes and restrictions". Even if you you meant NY specifically, there are taxes and restrictions in every state in the US. The only way to avoid them is to leave the whole country, so naturally, I wondered if that's what you're planning.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I didn't ask where you live. I was responding to your comment that it's "not worth living in the land of taxes and restrictions". Even if you you meant NY specifically, there are taxes and restrictions in every state in the US. The only way to avoid them is to leave the whole country, so naturally, I wondered if that's what you're planning.

Not many worse than NY, CT, MA, CA. Leave here? And go where? EVERY where else is WORSE. We are trying to JOIN the world in being ruled by the ELITE. How STUPID is that? One must be a total fool to be willing to give up freedom for anything.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I had sold my truck.
Told him the wife and I, T-Val qualified and good track record, would fly up to his place and get his van.
Drive it while I decided what my next step would be. If I were to build a truck I would give him four months notice. After four months we would continue to drive it until I gave 30 days notice, OR he said he found good drivers and wanted it back.
At that point I would take it anywhere in the country, at my expense, and get my way home.

He told me he was so good he didn't need a temporary team.

I might still be driving it today if I had liked it.
Was really curious, but didn't want to invest in one.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Too bad it did not work out. I looked at those. Not sure that they can pay for themselves. I don't like the Sprinter platform. Too old fashioned I guess.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm going to the syracuse area.

There are a TON of very good trout and salmon streams within 2 hours, or so from that area. IF you are into that, drop me a PM. I used to guide up that way, I will give you some pointers.

Won't be tonight though, the "Z" monster is calling!:p

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I think northeastern Tennessee might be interesting. Away from all the people - up in the mountains. But then I checked out Mountain City on City-Data.com. Per capita income: $14,900!!! This can't be good. People that poor will do most anything for $ and an over the road truck driver is so vulnerable to break-ins.

But then page-down a little and look at the crime stats. I guess there are exceptions to every rule. These people might be poor but they're not thieves.

If I were a little younger I think I'd consider moving there.

CCDriver

Active Expediter
I am not sure what the taxes and cost of living are in TN but the location woulf be great I think. I'm in Texas and yeah the cost of living taxes no state income tax ect is great but seems like the freights not there. I'm looking into TN myself soon milder winters then OH PA IN ect and beautiful country there. Be great for me driving a DR unit I think. For a van though OH might be a great choice for you though.

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Born and raised in N Syracuse NY love it up there but between taxes and all the businesses leaving... Been away from there since 1984. I didn't know TN was state income tax exempt. Nice just do all my shopping trips out of state. Several spots I like in TN have to check them out. Sitting in Kingston TN now.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Born and raised in N Syracuse NY love it up there but between taxes and all the businesses leaving... Been away from there since 1984. I didn't know TN was state income tax exempt. Nice just do all my shopping trips out of state. Several spots I like in TN have to check them out. Sitting in Kingston TN now.

Syracuse is still having problems but it seems that Utica is starting to turn around.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app