Good Mid-Size Carriers For Beginner

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
Hi,

I was wanting to try expediting in a cv/sprinter under contract with a fleet owner to see if I like it enough to pursue. Does anyone have any recommendations as to reputable carriers I could call to see if any of their fleet owners are hiring?

From what I gather, a mid-size carrier would be best. I recently saw panther has a 16 hour clock, which I don't think I would like, and I heard Fedex is better for teams.

Landstar requires 6mo. otr which I do not have, but I do have a Class B w/Hazmat and a passport.

This leaves Bolt, C&M, Express-1, Tri-State, along with some others on the five star carriers list. Anyone recommend others, or one in particular?

P.S. I called Load1 already but got no reply. They probably do not have cv fleet owners.

kcallin

Active Expediter
I am looking to get started also, please send me along the info also if its not a problem for you. Thank you:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Before making a decision call the various carriers you are interested in and ask them questions. When you talk to the recruiters ask them if they will provide you with phone numbers of drivers in like circumstances you can talk with.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I'm pretty happy at Express-1. It's a lot better since I made the switch from owning my cargo van to driving for someone. There seems to be a lot more freight opportunities for a Sprinter at this company

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Phoenix,

Call Brian at our office at 800 506 4422, we have one cargo van that is open.