good food

randb

Expert Expediter
My wife and I are doing a 34hr. restart at the Pilot, exit 129, off I-85, in Braselton, GA. Just wanted the other drivers to know this is a very clean, medium size Pilot and there is a small strip mall about 2-3 hundred yards east with a chinese, mexican and barbeque restaurants. The food is good at all but the barbeque is exceptional. The place is called Hickory Wind BBQ and the prices are very reasonable. I like good barbeque and this ranks right up there.
It is often hard to match a good place to do a 34hr. restart and some food and fun. This exit is pretty decent. Just an FYI. -R&B:9

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Thanks for the heads up...
I am all about Barbecue I could eat it every day, Texas, Memphis, Atlanta, Virginia and even Florida (Sonny's all you can eat).
For my next eating adventure I want to find Paula Deans Restaurant in Savannah Ga, I have a feeling I am gonna drop a load of cash on that
girl...
If you like Italian try a Corrino's when you happen across one, they put the Olive Garden to shame and their prices are totally reasonable.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"For my next eating adventure I want to find Paula Deans Restaurant in Savannah Ga, I have a feeling I am gonna drop a load of cash on that
girl..."

Been there, done that and very disappointed with the experience, just like my trip to Nathan’s – it was not worth the trip. I felt sort of shunned (ignored by the waitress is a better term) while I was there for some reason and the food wasn't all that good - sort of commercialized, used to the real stuff a little north of there and at some of the smaller places. As someone said to me after my experience, “a true southern restaurant don’t serve wineâ€.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Darn Greg you killed my fantasy feast..
Well anyway Savannah is still nice and the riverside eateries are good!

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
The old Paula Deans location was better, but we still enjoy eating there. My wife has her cookbook and whips up some pretty mean chow when I am home.

I really enjoy Southern cooking. The "Low-Country Bouillabaisse" surpasses anything I have ever eaten; including restaurants in Europe.

The Beaufort Inn's Veranda Restaurant was my favorite, but they closed. I still like Steamer's and the 10th Street Inn when in Beaufort, SC. You can sit in the enclosed patio area at the 10th Street Inn and watch the dolphins as you are about 20 feet from the docks.

Bar-B-Que is yummy at Melvin's in Charleston. They are chain, but they put Sonny's to shame.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Try any of the Maurices Piggy Park BBQ spots in Columbia, SC.
Shealy's BBQ in Batesburg, SC for great southern cooking. All you can eat buffet.

Danny

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They're nowhere near there but if you find yourself in Louisville you can have bbq at Mark's. http://www.marksfeedstore.com/ You haven't had bbq till you've had theirs with their red sauce. Less than 2 miles away you can get fish at Mike Linnig's. Their tartar sauce is MILES ahead of any other I've ever had. Mark's is on Dixie Hwy (31W) and Mike's is just off Greenbelt Hwy overlooking the river.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
If ya'll like pizza go to Eagle Villa corner of 605 and Johnstown RD. in downtown New Albany, OH. Thin Crust Pizza and toppings edge to edge....great stuff. Also tried the "Big Texan" in Amarillo, TX that place is awesome for breakfast! Hope you can eat the whole omelette.

Shawn Fallis
O/O soon to be Bolt Express

Falligator

Expert Expediter
The best BBQ Ribs I ever had was Sonny's in Ocala, FL. If ya'll like chicken go to Hopkins Belgrade Gardens it's in Barberton, OH best chicken in the country....my family travels an hour at least 3 times a year just to eat there.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
if it isnt bbq briskit it isnt for me,but when im in orlando resturant of choice is boston lobster feast
its all you can eat lobster,and a seafood buffet that will keep you comming back