Going Green EV eSprinter

mbc383

Expert Expediter
I am almost ready for the road after about 10 years of taking of this other things. The problem is I been looking about the eSprinter I like it but the main problem is the range of the eSpreinter. I would like to know if any other expediter using an eSprinter.

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Well there is no one is in an eSprinter so gas or diesel the way for true peace. I hear you so I will join that long line of smoke and pops

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The eSprinter only has a range of like 250 miles on the highway and about 310 if you stay in the city. It's thoroughly impractical for time-certain expedite. A 700 mile trip is gonna require 3 charges, at roughly 45-60 minutes per charge, That turns a 14 hour trip into a 17 hour trip and you're 3 hours late.

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Well you have a point. The only thing I was loking at is the 7,500 tax credit but if you pushed to drop the could be a pain. Thank you for this back in 2012 in the city Wilmington Oh I missed seeing you at the Expo I just pray everything been going great. From that time I lost my wife so I will hope be starting something soon and I wish you well.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Until they fix the time it takes to recharge a ev or will not be used for anything time sensitive.
I see far to many Amazon trucks being towed back to the warehouse in toledo,ohio in the winter.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wait for solid state batteries people. Besides range and early death in commercial use, you can't predict in any way whether it will simply burn

A Ramcharger has 700 mile range, but not available until 2025 and its a pickup...

Simply no financial or workflow reasons atm for over the road.

Sole exception are routes which return to a location where you own the charger. Public charging is not cheaper

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Okay that is a pipe dream the last try out with solid state batteries was the life of the battery. Power density cost per watt hour.

mbc383

Expert Expediter
The best bet is supercapacitors they light the charge rate is the best the problem is the cost

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The best bet is supercapacitors they light the charge rate is the best the problem is the cost
Not too sure what you mean, solid state batteries are barely out of the lab and definitely not in any mainstream vehicles.

Doesn't take but a quick google search to see all the test results (solid state batteries)

Today no. But I drive a 2012

In the meantime if I needed one, the BYD Seagull is sold for $14k in China and has a range around 300 miles, so the cost thing kinda went out the window

Hitting Europe first.

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Okay I will need to look them look. BYD are more of a car and big rigs or class A truck even that is for 2027

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay I will need to look them look. BYD are more of a car and big rigs or class A truck even that is for 2027
I wasn't thinking big rig, although Edison Motors has a design that is along the lines of a Ramcharger

Edison Motors

I don't know about 2027, buy one now if you want. BYD Dolphin is in Europe and Mexico, they haven't entered USA yet.