Going after All Types

Fireball Run

Expert Expediter
I'm just another driver that's being taken by All Types. Looking for any info that will help me to stickit back to them. They got me for close to $4000 in pay alone. And I'm willing to spend every pennie in court and leagal fees to stop them. Could use any info on what departments that will make even the smallest to the biggest dent in there back side. They have been sticking it to everyone that comes into there organization and it has to stop. Please help.

If anybody knows a good lawyer in the Ft. Wayne area that handles transportation law. Or if you know the web site that I can look in for the info I need. Or if you have been in the same boat with me and would like to join me in the effort to stop this company please e-mail me @ [email protected]

Putting our heads together on this will give us all a better chance at making this BAD company go AWAY! Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks for your help

elton10

Expert Expediter
Definitely look into getting the Attorney General involved of whatever state they are in . Im guessing you signed on as an O/O? That would put it in the realm of "business opportunities" scams adn most AG 's offices have a dept tha specializes in just that kind of ripoff

Fireball Run

Expert Expediter
RE:Going after All Types/Update

Thanks for all your advice. I called the Attorny General and they don't handle wages. They only handle products. I still don't have an Attorny but as soon as I do I'll get that info to you.

This is what I have so far. Hope it helps.

If you have a claim against a former employer you can
1. contact the Dept. of Labor for the county that the company is in.
For All Types its Allen county
Dept. of Wage and Hour
Auditor: Paul (Lamire?) sorry not to sure on the last name
317-232-2673
2. Small Claims
113 W. berry
Ft. Wayne, In.
260-449-7157
The maximum is $6000.
3. State Labor Board/BBB
317-232-2673
This is for filing a letter of complaint and you need,
Name and address of the company
Briefly explain your complaint and how to remedy your problems
Copies of all information proving your complaint
Your name, address and phone number
Send this to:
BBB Complaint Dept.
22 E Washington St. Suite 200
Indianapolis, In. 46204

elton10

Expert Expediter

If you were an O/O it is NOT wages. It is a consumer fraud scam. They took your money to sign on with them. They have apparently screwed you out of money you think you have coming.
That is FRAUD and I spent 3 yrs as an investigator for the SC A.G office in the fraud division. Dont tell them its wages IT IS NOT.. wages are when you are paid X number of dollars per hour or day or week or whatever.
You entered into a contractural business relationship you werent an employee working for wages.
Call the AG again and tell them you were taken in by a business opportunity scam

elton10

Expert Expediter

Dont waste your time on Wage and Hour Division for the same reasons Ive given above along with the fact that the trucking industry is exempyt from wage and hour laws

theend

Expert Expediter
How did you lose that much in pay?
Deadheading long miles to do short runs? And then what else.
Note my username.

theend

Expert Expediter
> I'm just another driver that's being taken by All Types.
>Looking for any info that will help me to stickit back to
>them. They got me for close to $4000 in pay alone. And I'm
>willing to spend every pennie in court and leagal fees to
>stop them. Could use any info on what departments that will
>make even the smallest to the biggest dent in there back
>side. They have been sticking it to everyone that comes into
>there organization and it has to stop. Please help.
>
> If anybody knows a good lawyer in the Ft. Wayne area that
>handles transportation law. Or if you know the web site that
>I can look in for the info I need. Or if you have been in
>the same boat with me and would like to join me in the
>effort to stop this company please e-mail me @
>[email protected]
>
> Putting our heads together on this will give us all a
>better chance at making this BAD company go AWAY! Wish me
>luck and I'll keep you posted on the progress.
>
>Thanks for your help

Fireball Run

Expert Expediter
Well I finaly got my paycheck.
Quit date May 23. Recieved paycheck Aug 20th
And yes its short.
They nailed me for $200 training (orientation)
$37.50 new hire fee
$6 for the orientation photo (it was a group shot of the 5 of us)
no I didn't get a copy
$640 for insurance (1 month) + I had to carry my own bobtail $94 mo
And they didn't give back the $650 escrow they pulled out of my 1st check
None of this includes the near $1000 to get started. All lost.
I've got the forms for small claims court and will be filing it this week.
Everybody please help out and warn everyone you know about these people. They are truely
BAD NEWS!
Good luck to all in this business. Be safe.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Fireball,The only monies i think you could get back was the escrow account money,All the other charges are just the cost of doing business and hiring on with a (crappie)dishonest company.I maybe wrong be this is just my 2 cents worth.....Good luck....

theend

Expert Expediter
Did they tell you (D--n! $6 for that stupid picture?Did you ask them to take your picture? No!) they could get the money from you without the courts?
And, forced dispatch? Isn't it forced when you have to take a load? From what I have heard, if they force you to do something you become an employee and that changes your tax status.
No, you don't have to take a load if you put yourself out of service. But, as soon as you go back on the clock you have to take whatever they have for you. Regardless of the amount of dh you have to do to get the run. And the run may be the same mileage or less.
With other companies you can turn down a load. Sorry, but no thanks.
What did your runs look like? How long did you stay with them?
Can't say what I'd like to say. Not political or polite.
Need all the help you can offer.

Lugguy1355

Expert Expediter
I was with ALL TYPES for just several months. I had an uneasy feeling about this company as I came in for orientation and saw that their headquarters was in a double wide trailor-like modular home. I'm still kicking myself for not turning around and driving back out. They have been in business 10 years and yet withheld one third of my settlement because some companies dont pay them for 60-90 days and I would get my third within 30 days. I dont see another 10 years for this 'company'.The most unprofessional group of people ever assembled.Dispatchers are rude and sleeping on the job(couldnt reach them 2,3,4am in the morning at times as required to report hourly on a load delivery)Stewart knows little about about this business so there has to be an idiot out there who hired him.People in Accts payable/receivables are unable to answer simple settlement questions. The driver liasion, Ron? is AWOL and doesnt return phone messages.These people have no business being in this business..

TruckerJoe

Expert Expediter
I talked to that Stewart guy a year ago over the phone. What a moron ! I had words with him. I am going to report them to OOIDA tomorrow after hearing all of these stories. I'm tired of these companies stickin it to O/O's.

Joe

Fireball Run

Expert Expediter
Well I spoke with the gerkes at All Types about the money they shorted me and was able to get most of what they owed me. I will continue to bad mouth them for the rest of my life. Hopefully they will cross the wrong person and really get what they deserve. I wish I had the funds to put them out of business but I just don't.:(
Good Luck out there and be carefull.