Go sweet Lou!

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
As a chicago native, I'm pretty pumped about the hiring of Lou Pinella (sp?) as the new manager. I never did like Dusty Baker, with his wristbands and toothpick. :7 I was really wondering: does the manager REALLY make that much of a difference in baseball? the head coach in football/basketball seems to have an immediate impact on players, but I don't see it that much in baseball. Lou did pretty good in Seattle, New york...not so good in tampa. what do you guys think?

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Not a Chicago native but have developed a soft spot for the Cubs.
My first game "ever" was at Wrigley and I think it is a experience everyone should have the opportunity to feel in their lifetime.
Enough said as if they never win the series I will be ok but should they win I will be impossible to live with.
Mike and Cyn

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Haven't been to wrigley since I was 13, which is now 30 years ago. I believe Lou brock was still playing for the cardinals, and He hit a basket home run to left field. I'm planning a trip this summer just to go to wrigley, and of course get a chicago dog and maxwell street polish!! this trip is waayyy overdue....