Getting my own van, opinions wanted

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
I have some money coming, a consequence of losing someone. The amount is still up in the air, but it's enough to buy a van and to set it up. I don't know if the guy is still making the ones pictured, but that has my interest.

But let me back up. I'm driving someone else's van, and it's bare bones: no insulation, no battery bank, no heat or AC aside from what comes out of the dash, no power except the cigarette lighter plugs, no E-track. So I'm looking at ways to improve my situation until I choose, acquire, set up my van, etc., and figuring out what I need to do to set up the new one. So as far as that goes, I'm looking to improve my situation in the current van, which would be

• a better bed;
• taking out the passenger seat for more room;
• the ecowave AC & heat with a couple batteries;
• lithium golf cart batteries, which I guess would charge off the battery as I drive, don't know how many or how many amp hours I need;
• installing the chest fridge/freezer to run off those batteries;
• setup to cook various ways.

All of which will be transferred to the new van.

As I said in a previous message, the Chevy 3500 offered a far better ride and overall comfort and ergonomics than the Sprinter, aside from the interior height, so I'm going to want something like that rather than a Sprinter.

I'd appreciate opinions of what to get, both vehicle and equipment, and some idea of costs.

Then I have to figure out one or two companies to sign on with.

Opinions desired.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230813_213242_YouTube.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230813_213242_YouTube.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 2