Getloaded.com

Draco

Expert Expediter
I was wondering if anyone uses this and if it's worth the $$. Also is there freight on there for cargo vans?
I have a Sprinter 2500SHC and lately it seems that I'm taking an awful lot of one way loads of 5-600+ mi. Then deadheading back (on my dime as my company doesn't pay dh) 2-300mi to wait for a load. Which sometimes leads to another 70-80 miles of more dh on my dime.
So I'm looking for a way to cut down that deadhead w/o having to set for 4-6 days or relocate 200mi or more. Also anything else you can tell me about getloaded.com would be great.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Most of what I have seen on there as far as backhauls, are usually for straight trucks and tractor trailer. Most are LTL loads. Seldom do you see loads that are lighter than 5,000lbs.
Davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I use it and have made several runs with loads from there. I am in a D unit and can't honestly tell you how many you could run in your Sprinter. I have 6 jobs written down to call on in the morning. Out of those you could do 3 that are 1000, 1750 and 2000 pounds. The others are 8460, 9000 and 10000 pounds. I usually find at least as many and often more that exceed my load capacity. Depending on where you are sitting you may find nothing but frustration due to the jobs you can't take. I will keep my subscription because it's worth more than the cost to me. I believe they have a way for you to test drive it. I don't know any more to add. Take care.

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I use it and have made several runs with loads from there. I
>am in a D unit
Leo...Could you fill us in a little on how you accept these loads?Does P2 provide the athourity? If so what percentage do they take? If not there athourity, do they require you to cover their signs? And what about ins coverage?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You bid your own loads. Some are good and some aren't.
Usually better than deadheading anywhere.
Panther collects 15 percent of the gross.
They handle the paperwork and collection.
You run these loads under Panthers authority
Davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>You bid your own loads. Some are good and some aren't.
>Usually better than deadheading anywhere.
>Panther collects 15 percent of the gross.
>They handle the paperwork and collection.
>You run these loads under Panthers authority
>Davekc

Yeah, what he said. ^^^ I use it when I need to get home or if I take a load into an area that isn't too great to get out of. By having this tool available I can accept loads into places I might not want to run otherwise which helps keep my percentages with Panther at 100%. I can also get home making a few pennies a mile rather than the entire cost out of pocket.

Leo
truck 4958

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
Having just made a long deadhead trip home with no help (loads along the way) from my company, I was just wondering which companies will let you go out and find your own load when they don't have one for you. Obviously, PantherII will. FedEx won't, if I have understood them correctly when I inquired.

Doug

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was just wondering
>which companies will let you go out and find your own load
>when they don't have one for you. Obviously, PantherII
>will. FedEx won't,
Fedex will allow this(called trip leasing)but when you jump through all the hoops they require,you probably wont want to.

miko

Expert Expediter
My company told me that if I wanted to run for some other carrier when times are slow, they would not have a problem with that.
At least that is what the contract says. Realty is different. Once I found another company, they freaked out and told me that under their network of a few hundred other expediting companies, it is considered major competition. Under no circumstances would they tolerate me getting my own loads. But if I could, would I have to have my own authority, and how do these companies deal with it? Will they require a background check/financial background check???

Miko

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
We use Load Boards frequently for LTL freight. Once in a while when I call on a load and the load has been covered, I ask what the rate might have been. The answer from these brokers, fairly frequently is, " I got some idiot to take it for pennies a mile" Not a good thing!

When using any load board, you gotta remember - It IS freight, and as such, someone wants to ship it, and, someone needs it on the other end.

Also, I read a lot of negative comments about CARRIERS discounting freight. Think about it!!! Does the shoe fit???

Draco

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the information guess I could give a try. Right now they are offering a "free test drive" so at least if there isn't anything I can haul I won't be out and $$. If there is then I can always subsribe to it then.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know about all companies but with Panther you do all the legwork up front. You call the shipper for all the details. You arrange the rate that is paid "to the truck". You finalize everything to your liking. Then you call Panther for the backhaul department. You give them the contact information and dollar amount. They call the shipper and swap paperwork by fax. They get 15% since you are running on their authority and insurance. You make the run and you get 85% of whatever amount you worked out as "to the truck".

Leo
truck 4958

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
Yeah, well, that's true. No one at FECC could ever give me a good explanation for how I was to cover all of their signs, including the huge ones on my box sides and back door. You can do it while working for them, but not on their authority or permits, I gather.

miko

Expert Expediter
...and I can't get over the fact that there are alot of Panther vans sitting wherever I go.