GENERAL RV TRANSPORTING

BIGRIG_787

Expert Expediter
DOSE ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET HOOKED UP TO A COMPANY THAT TRANNSPORTS RV . I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO THAT YOU GUYS CAN GIVE ME . THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Try www.horizontransport.com. There are a number of RV transport companies out there. You can also check with the RV manufacturers, most located in Elkhart, IN area. If you are using your truck to haul, you and the truck will have to meet a number of pre-conditions. You will find all of that on their web site. They also have people that drive the motor homes and then you have to get back on your own (bus, train, plane, hitchhike).

Good Luck.

Drive Safe

newthead

Expert Expediter
There is a book out there that I read a few years ago. It detailed what to do to deliver RV's for a living. Damned if I can remember the name of it though. You might want to do an Amazon search or something for it. Good luck

winemaker3279

Expert Expediter
Do your research BIGRIG_787. I know for a fact that this industry is struggling right now. A friend of mine used to run to Washington state from Indiana delivering RVs each week. Not anymore though. Be sure to talk to some drivers before making a change. Good luck!

The best defense is a good offense...thank GOD I'm offensive!!!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Also keep in mind the deadhead miles are equal to the trip miles. You don’t get paid for the deadhead miles, as a rule of thumb. Although some companies may pay them. I too heard the pay per mile is low.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
around elkhart in is rv manufacting cap so if your around that area
rv places are all over the place
morgan drive way is one of company's i think

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Try Bennett Truck Transport,1-877-391-1796. Met a couple last year that hauled for them,they had a Dodge Ram Charger with the Cummins engine,had a 5th wheel hookup and a straight hitch..I received some info from this company,expect to earn about .72 cents per loaded mile. They pay tolls when you are loaded and claim you can easily get 2000 miles per week.You pay the usual fuel,maintenace and non trucking liability. Thee guy I met said it was a loose operation,no real deadline deliveries,no driving in bad weather etc. You can come and go as you please with no pressure. Good luck

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
UNITED STATES
Chicago, Illinois ORD

EGL Eagle Global Logistics

Address Contacts
991 Supreme Drive (Domestic Address) Business Phone: +1 (630) 694-2075 Domestic
491 Supreme Drive (International Address) Business Phone 2: +1 (800) 846-2224
Bensenville, IL 60106 Business Phone 3: +1 (630) 766-9220 International
USA Fax: +1 (630) 694-2021 Domestic
Fax 10: +1 (630) 694-2123 Sales
Fax 2: +1 (630) 616-7036
Fax 3: +1 (630) 616-7023 Accounting
Fax 4: +1 (630) 616-7045 Air Export
Fax 5: +1 (630) 616-7049 Air Gateway
Fax 6: +1 (630) 616-7046 Brokerage
Fax 7: +1 (630) 694-2099 Domestic Ops
Fax 8: +1 (630) 694-2098 Domestic Dispatch
Fax 9: +1 (630) 616-7041 Ocean Gateway

Domestic OPS would be where I would start.

riddler

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Try hoosier rv transport(i think they have a website)in Bristol, Indiana. Jet transport in Middlebury,In. Quality driveaway in Goshen. Let me know how it goes. Kinda curious on the pay and d/h and how much u can make.I hope this info helps.