Gen Z 2024: Headwind for Republicans, Tailwind for Democrats

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I know gender identity is a hot-button issue for some. It's not one I have followed closely. I've heard of certain books about this being banned in schools. I have not heard of the items you mention. Where exactly is it happening that young children are taught "they can change their sex just by wishing it so?" And where exactly is "enabling this life-altering process upon minors WITHOUT PARENTS; KNOWLEDGE" being done?
Just about any liberal Democrat run state......

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know gender identity is a hot-button issue for some. It's not one I have followed closely. I've heard of certain books about this being banned in schools. I have not heard of the items you mention. Where exactly is it happening that young children are taught "they can change their sex just by wishing it so?" And where exactly is "enabling this life-altering process upon minors WITHOUT PARENTS; KNOWLEDGE" being done?
It's everywhere, coast to coast - but you won't see much about it in the mainstream media. This has been going on for over two years, and the article quoted below was written in March 2023. The Biden administration wanted approval by May, but it has since been postponed until October of this year. Hopefully the pushback by parents nationwide will kill it entirely. Numerous articles - too many to count - can be found with a simple Google search.

"More than 3.2 million US public school students are covered by guidance that blocks parents from knowing whether their child identifies as a different gender in the classroom — which could become federal policy if President Biden’s Title IX proposals are approved in May.
At least 168 districts governing 5,904 schools nationwide have rules on the books that prevent faculty and staff from disclosing to parents a student’s gender status without that student’s permission, according to a list compiled by the conservative group Parents Defending Education and shared with The Post.
The 3,268,752 students affected by such policies go to class in all kinds of districts — large and small, affluent and poor, urban and rural, red and blue — stretching from North Carolina to Alaska..."

Also:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's everywhere and everyone knows it but those in control approve so it isn't mentioned or acknowledged. Damn leftism. Needs to be eliminated.

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It's everywhere, coast to coast - but you won't see much about it in the mainstream media. This has been going on for over two years, and the article quoted below was written in March 2023. The Biden administration wanted approval by May, but it has since been postponed until October of this year. Hopefully the pushback by parents nationwide will kill it entirely. Numerous articles - too many to count - can be found with a simple Google search.

"More than 3.2 million US public school students are covered by guidance that blocks parents from knowing whether their child identifies as a different gender in the classroom — which could become federal policy if President Biden’s Title IX proposals are approved in May.
At least 168 districts governing 5,904 schools nationwide have rules on the books that prevent faculty and staff from disclosing to parents a student’s gender status without that student’s permission, according to a list compiled by the conservative group Parents Defending Education and shared with The Post.
The 3,268,752 students affected by such policies go to class in all kinds of districts — large and small, affluent and poor, urban and rural, red and blue — stretching from North Carolina to Alaska..."

Also:

OK. Thank you for sharing. Three responses:

1. "... guidance (rules) that blocks parents from knowing whether their child identifies as a different gender in the classroom ..." is something quite different from the points you first raised; which is: "... the teaching of our young children that they can change their sex just by wishing it so ..., " and "enabling this life-altering process upon minors WITHOUT PARENTS; KNOWLEDGE."

2. Who are these parents that apparently don't know their kids well enough to know they have -- real or imagined -- sexual identity issues? If there actually are parents like that, they should not be parents. There is something seriously wrong or seriously lacking in a parent who would not know such a thing about one's own children.

3. The rules that block notification of parents that their kids are acting or showing up in a certain way in the classroom seem wrong-headed to me. How does it serve anyone to keep parents in the dark? It's bad for teachers too. It puts them in a position where they are literally forced to lie. When you withhold a material fact from someone, it's called a lie of omission. Forcing teachers to lie in this way would be demoralizing to them, I would think. And it is not something that inspires parents to trust the reports they receive from teachers about other aspects of student behavior and performance.

If I was a teacher and forced to lie by such a rule, I would quit that job and find work in another school or industry. I don't know if this is a factor in Florida schools. I do know that teachers here are leaving in droves and a crisis exists because an insufficient number of replacements can be found.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK. Thank you for sharing. Three responses:

1. "... guidance (rules) that blocks parents from knowing whether their child identifies as a different gender in the classroom ..." is something quite different from the points you first raised; which is: "... the teaching of our young children that they can change their sex just by wishing it so ..., " and "enabling this life-altering process upon minors WITHOUT PARENTS; KNOWLEDGE."
No, it's all part of the process which enables these confused or misguided kids to believe their delusions are real and their daydreams can become reality. If a kid confides to a teacher or counselor that he/she thinks their sex at birth isn't real, that's a sign of gender dysphoria - a legitimate mental illness. That should be reported to the parents immediately, the same as suicidal thoughts or writings. Instead, these teachers are saying 'let us help you, and we won't tell your parents". That's enabling, legitimizing, instructing, teaching - pick your verb. Nitpicking semantics doesn't change the facts.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No, it's all part of the process which enables these confused or misguided kids to believe their delusions are real and their daydreams can become reality. If a kid confides to a teacher or counselor that he/she thinks their sex at birth isn't real, that's a sign of gender dysphoria - a legitimate mental illness. That should be reported to the parents immediately, the same as suicidal thoughts or writings. Instead, these teachers are saying 'let us help you, and we won't tell your parents". That's enabling, legitimizing, instructing, teaching - pick your verb. Nitpicking semantics doesn't change the facts.
It seems to me the teachers would tell the parents if they were permitted to do so. It's not the teachers withholding the truth. It's the rules that require the teachers to remain mum.

About "dysphoria" and sexual identity, I don't want to get into that discussion here. We could go round and round about that to no good end. I will agree that you have a good point about the rules mentioned above.

I'm reminded of the saying, "the government that governs best is the one that governs least" On gender issues, which are deeply personal and vary greatly among individuals, it makes little sense to mandate a single policy that applies to every circumstance in the state or nation.

Last edited: