garmin nuvi

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
just bought this new gps. And need to know if anyone has one. My old one would route me differnt so im thinking im running wrong settings.:confused:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Which model is it ? Go to settings. You may have choices like car or truck, toll avoidence, faster or shortest route.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
just bought this new gps. And need to know if anyone has one. My old one would route me differnt so im thinking im running wrong settings.:confused:

I have a Nuvi 700 and that thing has been bulletproof. Its 3 or 4 years old now and has taken it's beatings well..lol. I do have to do a manual reset on it from time to time, but that's not a big deal (just slide the power button over and hold it for a few seconds...your manual should tell you how to do this).

I think most of these have different settings available in them. On mine, I have the routing set to fastest. My Nuvi does not have truck routing, but with it set to fastest route, it gets it right 95% of the time.

I also have mine set to Eastern time and mine is set to stay on EST no matter what time zone I'm in. I understand that some do not have this option, but you want to check.

It takes time to learn it (read, read, read your owners manual). I'm sure that I made several changes to mine when I first got it that I don't even remember now. In all, if yours is half as good as mine has been, you will be happy you bought it.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are on our 2nd Garmin. We have had good results so far. We do watch the routing. Sometimes it may do a good route but we find a better route on interstates. Also watch it around the Mexico border areas. Sometimes it confuses the Mexico streets with the US side.

All in all they have served us well.