Fyda Freightliner

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can definitely recommend Jon Mosier at FL Knoxville. He's a stand up guy. You also can't go wrong with Fred Sargent at Performance Kenworth in Houston. Either of them are excellent to work with and you can take them at their word because they stand behind whatever they tell you. Neither one will rip you off either. They'll give you a fair deal that's fair to both sides. Jon's number is 800-443-2324 and Fred's is 713-844-7111. I wouldn't deal with anyone else.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
I remember just over a month ago talking to Jon Mosier, he had given me some info on a truck they had posted. I have heard nothing but good things about the dealership and if this does'nt work out for me I will giving him another call. I like the 2004 Class8 they just posted, so lets see how this will play out. So far so good at FYDA (got the toes and fingers crossed). Again thanks for all the post I feel so much better knowing there really is somewhere to go to get good information for this type of business you guys really are the some of the best. I will make my next post on tuesday evening letting everyone know how things went at FYDA if I drive away satisfied or not.

Many Thanks and if ya got more for me to read, not just for me but for the next guy comming along, then keep 'em comming

AbeJr:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
ABEJR2004

Not trying to trash a company, but some of these prices are too ******* much, I am wondering why would anyone pay $104K for a used truck with a new box on it? With the price f some of the trucks on the market, maybe I should start stretching some and selling them.

But with that said, I would recommend that if it is a stretched chassis, meaning that it was stretched by anyone other than Freightliner, to get the alignment checked and to find out who did the work and if there is any warrantee coverage on the work. Freightliner only certifies a handful of companies to do frame work and if someone else does the work and it is messed up, you will have problems. There are too many yahoo companies messing up trucks around.

Also I second the ECM and dyno checks before you touch the truck or sign anything, this is critical.

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
Greg,you said.
"Freightliner only certifies a handful of companies to do frame work and if someone else does the work and it is messed up, you will have problems."

Who are these companies???

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
ABEJR: Did I read this right??? You are going to have the truck dyno'd as soon as you pick it up???? If this deal don't work out you are going to call him right away????

Didn't you read and internalize anything that was typed to you???
My question is, why did you bother asking in the first place???

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
This is my first time dealing with Fyda.

I asked the question because everything I had come across, and the few people I had spoken too did not give any negative feedback at least not as far as the dealer goes. But was told to be sure of the Truck being in good shape. So that is why I put up the post, and in the meantime I was having my concerns addressd. Having the truck Dyno was one suggestion that was given to me along with many others.
Which maybe done at the dealer here at home, whom I know very well and also has helped me in getting some things addressed as well.

As far as pricing no I am not getting a $104,000 used unit, what has been chosen is just what I have looking for and I beleive the price to be fair from all the information I have gathered, and given my own financial situation.

Now when I go to see the truck next week if all is good then I will be on my way. If not then I will just move on to other choices.

And yes I have read every post and have taken something from each one that is why I ask for everyone thoughts on this and I really do appreciate the info.

Many Thanks
AbeJr:)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>And yes I have read every post and have taken something from
>each one that is why I ask for everyone thoughts on this and
>I really do appreciate the info.
>
>Many Thanks
>AbeJr:)

Good job, ABEJR2004! You have put the EO Open Forum to good use. You asked for and received a number of viewpoints. I hope whatever choice you make proves to be well-informed and serves you well in the years ahead.

Tony

Expert Expediter
All I gotta say about Fyda is " blow cigar smoke in my face and walk away, that just lost my business". Please think about that before buying from Fyda.
By the way,
Mr. cigar smoker(you know your name,in case you ever read this), I paid CA$H for the Century. Remember, looks ain't everything.

TeamDrivers2

Expert Expediter
> Mr. cigar smoker(you know your name,in case you ever read
>this

Fry'd Ya [past] customers know exacly who you're referring to.

And if you know him like I do, then you know quite well he could give a ratz behind what negitive comments are floating around.

Advertising will bring in a whole new --un-suspecting-- batch of potential customers. With all the available resourses truck buyers have, I find it amazing they can sell off those hi-mile fleet stretchers.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
>

>Advertising will bring in a whole new --un-suspecting--
>batch of potential customers. With all the available
>resourses truck buyers have, I find it amazing they can sell
>off those hi-mile fleet stretchers.

And if history has taught us anything,it's that EO has,does,and will continue to allow truck dealers that practice unscrupulous and yes unlawful business practices to continue to advertise on this site.
x(

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Afternoon Gang,

Well I said I would give an Update on My Experience with Fyda so here goes.

Made it out to Columbus to see The unit and it was just what I was looking for with the exception of a few minor things. Its a 2001 F/L Century Class streched chassis with 22ft Dry Box, 400hp Cummins N14 Plus. 10-spd. Autoshift, 3.63 rear. 436K for mileage. Truck had some work done to it and was in good shape and test drove well. So on that note I am pleased. Now as far as it goes with the dealer, I will say it was ok. Now for pricing because of my financial situation and the attention I needed in that area they got the deal done so I was satisfied with that. Could the dealer have done a little better, yes.

The few things I did'nt like was the truck not being washed, fuel tank was low, and the truck needed a lite service done because it had been just sitting on the lot for a while. Had re-caps on the Drive Axles. And because they could not reset the ECM truck speed was set at 67mph/1400rpm.(which is ok, but I don't want to get run over either).

I found some other minor things that are no big deal. But because of the post I have recieved on this subject I feel I came out ahead. I wish I had an before and after picture for you. Because of the posts and because I do not like to half-step on getting things done correctly. No one would beleive it is the same truck I took off FYDA Lot just a week ago. So I guess every situation will be different for everyone looking to purchase a truck from FYDA. Just remenber when asking for advice or an opinion on something here at EO ask for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. The negative posts were just as important as the positives.Thanks again to everyone, now I gotta go I need some other questions answered since I graduated to a Class 8 Big Truck:)

Everyone Stay Safe Out There

AbeJr
(Still Slightly a Newbie)
FedExCC
#D6425
OOIDA 1yr

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
>And if history has taught us anything,it's that EO
>has,does,and will continue to allow truck dealers that
>practice unscrupulous and yes unlawful business practices to
>continue to advertise on this site.

DoggieDaddy,

Actually, your history has shown that you have a tendency to make unfounded accusations about EO, its management and particularly in this case - some or all of our sponsors.

It's also clear that you have an ulterior motive for trying to discredit our staff.

Really Doggie - your venom is getting old.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

T.V. - Why do you think they call it programming?

No, YOU suck. - the mean people

"Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States." - J. Bartlett Brebner

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure. - I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

Become who you are. - Nietzsche

Whoever coined the phrase "Quiet as a mouse" has never stepped on one.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

bruchar

Expert Expediter
Abe,
I hope you put aside some money in case you start having problems with the truck. It is better to be prepared than to try to get any help from FYDA. As far as financing...as long as you have a pulse they'll find a way to get you financed through their "Trac-Flease" program. Wish you all the best.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Very intresting quotes, and I hope your new truck is working out OK. Sounds like a decent truck. After reading all of this really made me realize how well my purcahse went on my truck. No nothing was perfect, but I have no cross to bear with Palmer Kenworth of Fort Wayne. In fact I do not think I would ever go anywhere else except to John Moser or Jeff Jones.

As for paying to much? It does pay to shop around even more so for a used than a new. I only compared mfgs not individual trucks for price, the price I was given for a KW was only 2K more than a M2 and my list of extras on the KW was like comparing a stripped down Nova to a loaded Impala.

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
I really did gain alot from all the posts that were made, and it really made me appreciate this site and it's members. My purchase with Fyda was ok. They had what I wanted and I feel the deal was fair. The truck is doing fine turned out to be a decent unit. Spending a little money on it because of personal touches and some other Preventive Maint. items. I will post some pics soon as I take them. Heard good things about John Moser hope to have a chance to do business with him in the future.

AbeJr
(Still slightly a Newbie)
FedExCC
#D6425
OOIDA MEMBER

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Here are some photo,s of the unit I p/u from Fyda in Columbus,OH
2001 F/L Century Class,Cummins N14+, 10Spd AutoShift. 437k I did clean the truck up some and done some additional preventive maint.

Overall the truck is doing fine. But like so many post that are here and it's replies, please do your homework and do not let yourself be sold short. Thanks again to all that replyed while I was going thru my selection and purchase.

AbeJr
(Still slightly a Newbie)
FedExCC
#D6425
OOIDA MEMBER

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We bought our truck from Middle George Freightliner and will go there again. As first time truck buyers we felt we where treated fairly and with respect. We did shop around and sure cannot say that we treated with respect by the other dealers mentioned in this post. Another great thing about Middle Georgia is after the sale the owner Heath or his salesmen are there to help you either by email or phone. We both feel after reading many posts about dealers we where really lucky to start out such a good company.