Fuel Savings Cards

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
I figured I'd ask if this UltraOne Expeditor card is still being used by a lot of you for fuel savings?

http://www.expeditersonline.com/for...2550-new-ultrone-ta-program-finally-here.html

I was gonna tack this post onto that thread, but it didn't deal with my topic exactly: "What are ideas for fuel savings cards?" in the hopes at arriving at the best method of saving money on fuel (not taking into account airtabs and so forth, just cards and places to buy fuel at).

*I have heard a prepaid Walmart gas card offers 3c per gallon savings.
*I know that Krogers supermarkets offers via its Kroger Plus card .10c per $100 you spend a month off of gas up to $1 off (once per month fill up I believe).
*My Chase Rewards mastercard has 5% cash back for this 3 month period of July 30-September 30 up to $1500 spent (so $75 max savings).

So, what in your opinion is the best method for saving money on fuel? I'm sure I've missed some things. Thanks.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You are obviously in a c/v, so your choices are greater. First, if you have a carrier issued fuel card, you need to compare the deals offered by the places that accept the card [Some don't take Comdata, TCH, FleetOne, etc] with the deals offered by the big box stores. Keep in mind that the truckstops will include a shower - though the Ultraone card has to be presented at the desk to get it - it won't be added if you swipe it at the pump. [There's a thread about that in the archives.]
Then again, you can always get a free shower on the Ohio turnpike. :D
I very much prefer the PilotFlying J card program to the Ultraone, because you just use the card for whatever points are on it at the cashier, [and most fast food places attached, as well], but the Ultraone requires printing a voucher at the kiosk to use points - and you won't get credit for whatever you don't use on your purchase.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I think wal-mart is three cents a gallon,with pre-paid card.Right now and I think for another month or to they are 10 cents a gallon off.I also have both flying J and The TA one only use flying J/pilot. For the same reason cheri said also for the ones Ive been in they are pretty clean.Alot of costco's have fuel pumps if you are a member they also offer a discont.Also if anyone is in a town where there is a shop and save they also are getting into the gas bussiness.If you need to stock up on food,can get a discont anywhere from 3-10 cents a gallon.:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the WalMart discount is 3 cents per gallon not 3%. Using the GasBuddy app for a smart phone can yield good savings sometimes too.