fuel price peak?

idtrans

Expert Expediter
At what peak do you see diesel hitting this year? I am thinking $7 per gallon since we aren't even at summer yet and it's rapidly climbing!

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I think we have a president that will spend a lot of our money to keep hos job.

he is on record saying he will spend 1 billion (not including free press)

However, oil prices are not something he can directly control with money. He can have an affect (as we are seeing now) with policy. But throwing tax dollars at it simply inflate the problem. Releasing oil form the strategic reserve will be but a blip on the radar as well.

Best he can hope for if he does not sign off on some drilling and pipelines is that Soros shorts oil near that first Tuesday in Nov.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I don't see it going over $5/gallon, the demand will drop to much for oil by that point.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It won't hit $7.00. The reason is that by the time it did that, it would crash the world economy-- not just us. Not even the Chinese economy could withstand such a price rise.

People who don't have jobs don't drive as much and they don't burn much fuel. Companies that have had to close don't burn fuel or use lubricants. Airlines are already on the ropes, increased fuel prices to that point would force severe cutbacks and also passengers who have no jobs don't do as much flying anyway.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obama wants prices here to match Europe. He's a fool and keen on destroying this nation. Diesel might approach $6 but I don't think it will get there.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I remember when gas was .19 a gallon. Ah it will never get to .60.
Never say never when it comes to fuel prices. If not this year, then next. Was it 2 years ago it was under $3? Skys the limit! ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We went through this a couple of years ago when the price climbed early in the year. The "experts" were calling for huge prices by Memorial Day. Instead, it dropped back down before the holiday. So, who knows?

Monty

Expert Expediter
The demands on oil ..... diesel fuel ... go down in the summer. The heating season is over. Unless you are in a major agricultural area, there becomes a surplus.

Gas prices? Not so much ...

moose

Veteran Expediter
It's all because of idtrans,
price spike started right after he start serving the ND oil fields.
hey idtrans, why don't you 'be a patriot' and run for 45 cent a mil.
...:cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's all because of idtrans,
price spike started right after he start serving the ND oil fields.
hey idtrans, why don't you 'be a patriot' and run for 45 cent a mil.
...:cool:

Idtrans must have scared the Arabs off...oil is retreating.....LOL

greg334

Veteran Expediter
As of the news this morning, there will be a partial pipeline and more fuel flowing into the system by the end of the year - fox news

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The home heating oil season as a reason for high diesel prices is mostly a myth. And in the case of this season, it's all myth. Eight-two percent of the US home heating oil market is in New England, where they have seen a twenty-five percent reduction in demand this year alone, partly due to this being the second-warmest winter wince 1950 (and fourth warmest on record), and partly due to both conservation efforts and people switching from heating oil to natural gas.

“While unseasonably warm weather has continued (January 2012 was about 19 percent warmer-than-normal in the Northeast), winter heating oil expenditures for the average household are nevertheless likely to remain the highest on record due to continued seasonal record high heating oil prices,” the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) weekly report says.

“The primary driver for this winter’s high heating oil expenditures has been heating oil prices, not consumption,” the EIA report says.

Did you know that only six percent of US homes rely on heating oil? Why are heating oil, and therefore diesel prices so high? Because demand is lower. As stupid as that sounds. It means that the normal, expected cause and effect of supply and demand are simply no longer a factor. It's purely price manipulation based on stockpile manipulation.

Domestic reserves of heating oil have declined for the last 9 weeks, to the point where we now have a deficit of right at 10 million barrels, despite a 25% drop in demand. That kind of deficit, combined with the "fears" over problems in the Middle East (and aren't there always?) and the possibility of closing three refineries in Philadelphia, is the reason for the higher prices despite lower demand. They keep saying that both domestic and world demand for diesel, especially in China and South America, keeps rising, but diesel production, shipments, and consumption say just the opposite. Home heating demand is down 25% from last year, diesel demand is down 20%, which combined should translate to diesel being about three bucks at the pumps, yet it's $4 give or take. And it's because of the lower stockpiles, the decrease in production in order to keep the prices high. Bend over.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
that is what I've been saying for years....supply and demand have little to do with the pricing...when the same person has their finger on the production button.and "controls" the supply....prices are manipulated....I thought that was illegal?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
that is what I've been saying for years....supply and demand have little to do with the pricing...when the same person has their finger on the production button.and "controls" the supply....prices are manipulated....I thought that was illegal?

There is a book that was published in the 50's and updated some time in the late 80's about the pyscology of trading. It puts some of the world oil market in perspective.

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
I think it will teeter around $5 for awhile during the summer then Mr. President will play hero during his election campaigning and swoop in to save the day somehow claiming responsibility for a lower price at the pump. I've seen this set up during past election years.