Frost laws soon

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Typically the first week or so of March. With the major warm up coming this week frost laws maybe in effect early. If I can copy and paste correctly here are a few links to Michigan maps and routes. Safe bet they will be gunning for your check book this year. Stay on route folks and remember reduced weights & speeds. First link should include links to city or county maps..
MDOT - Truckers' Maps

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdot/MDOT_2012TruckOperatorMap_414004_7.pdf
maby they should find an engineer that knows how to build roads.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Because Americans are CHEAP! they don't want to pay the price....you get what ya pay for....don't want heavy taxes, you get cheap roads.....Canada has the same frost laws...

what doesn't make sense is....1/2 the weight for TT and 1/2 for a straight....why allow a 20T TT and not a fully loaded straight?...

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Because Americans are CHEAP! they don't want to pay the price....you get what ya pay for....don't want heavy taxes, you get cheap roads.....Canada has the same frost laws...

what doesn't make sense is....1/2 the weight for TT and 1/2 for a straight....why allow a 20T TT and not a fully loaded straight?...

Not sure you can't haul at max weight.. Carrier just needs to pull and pay for a permit, because I certainly ain't buying one.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure you can't haul at max weight.. Carrier just needs to pull and pay for a permit, because I certainly ain't buying one.
I was restricted in my dump truck in Ontario to 1/2 load...yes and even while building roads at taxpayer expense no less....wait a month and get a full load go figure...LOL

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I was restricted in my dump truck in Ontario to 1/2 load...yes and even while building roads at taxpayer expense no less....wait a month and get a full load go figure...LOL
When I hauled concrete the redi-mix producer would pull 1 permit each morning and use it for every truck that was loaded.. Don't think we didn't trip him up a few times. :cool: Its pretty costly to the carrier if they intended to over load a truck during time period without proper permits.

tknight

Veteran Expediter

Because the weight is spread out over more axles ever see a tt in much with 12-16 axles?