Frigette Generator ??

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yes i Do .
and a really bad one .
Dont buy it !!!
dont do it ,
move on .
this is the worst Generator out there , and i was Dumb enough to put it on my truck ,
the Dealership will not warranty the product (no mater what the salesman tell you ) ,
the frigette Co. in fort worth will not warranty it Either ,
again do not fall for sell B_ _ _ _
this is one bad Company do deal with , that make a really bad product ,

Moose.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I have heard from several o/o's that they are not a very good product, especially the HVAC unit on them. I have no personal experience with the unit. Like all things, some people might love them...some might hate them. I would do a bunch of research on APU and gensets before making a decision on which brand to purchase. A little advise, never go cheap, you get what you pay for.

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
When you are looking for a gen for the truck check the hours that it is good for. The Frigette is good for 2years or 2000 hours. If you are out 190 days and run it for 10 hours a day you will need a new motor every 3 years.

I have a rigmaster with 6500 hours on it and Rigmaster and Perkins both said I need a new motor at 3000. bucks.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
When you are looking for a gen for the truck check the hours that it is good for. The Frigette is good for 2years or 2000 hours. If you are out 190 days and run it for 10 hours a day you will need a new motor every 3 years.

I have a rigmaster with 6500 hours on it and Rigmaster and Perkins both said I need a new motor at 3000. bucks.

The 2 year, 2000 hrs.is probably the warranty on the unit, not the longevity of the unit.

It would seem that with proper maintaince, the rigmaster should last more that 6500 hrs. then again it is a moot point if you are out of warranty. Still, replacing the engine is cheaper than replacing the whloe genset.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Spud is right. The Engines on these Diesel Generators are very rarely in need of any rebuild or maint. other than oil changes. Its the design of everything else that is the problem.

I know of a guy who has over 25,000 hours on his engine. To bad everything else has not held up this well.