Flying J coming to Ft.Wayne In

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
For those layovers in FTW it is good news that there will be a first class truck stop.I know there are those who dont like the "hook" but others will stay noplace else
It will be located on I469 Exit 19,right at the US30 interchange.Dont rush over right away they havent broken ground yet.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
that area needed a good t/s for sure. now if they would figure out that the cleveland,ohio area also is need that would be good. DD.

tughillrunner

Expert Expediter
long time coming
what i think is unusal is ta home office is in the ceveland ohio
area why don't they have a ta in area

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just came out of Cleveland and agree they need more. I used the Pilot in Avon and it was ok but very small, both the lot and the facility. I like J the best but use whatever is handy if a J is too far away. I do try to stay with the national chains though and fuel only at a J.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
RE: Fortmeyers RE: Flying J coming to Ft.Wayne In

rob, the fortmeyers t/s is still there. there were rumors of it being turned into a pay lot, but my last trip there it looks like they may have abandoned that idea. DD.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

The old Fortmeyers became Fort Wayne Truck Plaza,Parking was tripled,fuel Islands improved,resturant slightly improved.They did start construction on a control parking booth,but abandonded this idea when drivers howelled.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Not quite as good as Petros but they do have the best fuel prices.
Davekc

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I have been waiting for someone to come into Fort Wayne for years. Being a citizen of the city when I would come home from the road I would stay at the place. That rathole (I am being generous :+ ) needs someone to put them in their place. For years they have been charging whatever they have wanted to. Mostly because the closest truckstop was 20 miles away.

"New" Fortmeyers in the 1950's was one of the premier truckstops in the country. State of the art. Neglect and greed has brought it to the condition it is now. There was a previous Fortmeyers before the present building. It was on US 33 where the Old Fort Travel center is now (US 33 and US 30 interchange.)

To be totally honest and blunt I hope the Lying J puts them out of business :D