Flood

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I will most likely not be around for a little while. As many know my wife and I live right on the Arkansas River. We live on an off shoot I guess is what you call it. The river is 9 feet above flood sstage and the flood gates about to be opened as I'm typing this message. I wanted to let the ones who care about me know I'm fine if they see something on the news. I have left my contact number with the Rev. and Cheri so they can contact me and let you guys know how we are doing. We shoudl be fine. We are getting out in plenty of time. The river is about 5 feet from our house now.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We came across 44 night before last and I couldn't believe how much flooding there was. It's unnerving seeing water flowing through fields as if they were rapids.

Ark...be safe

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ark, you did put all the electronical stuff, & Very Important Paperwork way up high, right?:eek:
I've been flooded out of my home in Daytona Beach, New Orleans, and Houston - it's a PITA, but as long as the people are safe, everything else will fall into place.
Let us know if you need any volunteers for the cleanup crew, ok?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ark, why did you leave your home so early? Shouldn't you have waited until your house was under water before leaving. Then you could blame George Bush and FEMA for your problems. Just a little Moot levity. Pun intended! Hope you and your wife are safe and that your home survives. You are one tough dude! God has certainly laid down the gauntlet for you! Keep on keeping on! You will only be a stronger and better person!

mstaz

Seasoned Expediter
we had the pleasure of going threw Missouri last night were I 44 was flooded and they were letting the trucks threw and detouring the 4 wheelers another way cause the water was 2 ft deep in some spots that we went threw. I pray that we never have to do that again cause I know that I was scared. Ark I hope that you and your family are in a safe place and that your house makes it threw the flood

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I hope your house and things survive this Ark. You have really been having a hard time
lately and this surely doesn't help. You are in my thoughts and prayers... hoping that
all turns out ok with you and yours.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
We made it to my mom's in West Memphis. I grabbed my DD-214 and our marriage liscense. I had to leave my pick up. It wouldn't start. We grabbed all of our clothes,my military uniforms, and all my guns. We also grabbed our school books. The Corps of Engineers have the flood gates wide open and they aren't supposed to be closed until Saturday. It can go up alot in that time frame. Thanks for the concern. Hopefully there will be no need for a clean up crew. Moot, I'm not the type to hang out until the last minute and then run around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Last edited: