Flint, Michigan Freeway Closures

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Flint area: I-75, between MMs 116 and 122; I-69, between MMs 133 and 138. Be wary of side roads, the standard "don't drive in standing water" warning applies. Over 6" rain fell in the area last night, causing flooding with water depths in excess of 3' in many areas. Hardest hit were Swartz Creek, south Flint, and Grand Blanc.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
According to my house/catsitter (mom), my house made it fine. Three of my five immediate neighbors have flooded basements. A few years back we added and sloped dirt around the entire foundation of the house and added a hydropowered back up sump pump. Thank goodness. For less than $1,000.00 invested then, my drywall/carpet/computer/pool table/sofa/entertainment center and then some were saved!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
According to my house/catsitter (mom), my house made it fine. Three of my five immediate neighbors have flooded basements. A few years back we added and sloped dirt around the entire foundation of the house and added a hydropowered back up sump pump. Thank goodness. For less than $1,000.00 invested then, my drywall/carpet/computer/pool table/sofa/entertainment center and then some were saved!

You may be too smart to be hangin out with truck drivers?

BeecherKen

Active Expediter

We did ok we didnt get as much rain as you.

My brother that lives not far from Matrix got 4' water in his basement. Never put in the backup pump like he said he would. He lost a lot of stuff.

Rocketman, she isnt to smart to hang with truckers. Shes to smart to hang with most anybody, lol. I think folk like us keep her grounded (j/k Beebsy! Dont hit me!!!!)

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Lol....sorry...nevermind.

No, I got what you were going for, I just wanted to see if you had the javalinas to actually say it.

Beeky, sorry about your brother, I just found out another neighbor had a basement wall collapse (the ones whose land slopes towards their house). I understand it's a real mess there.

I also heard I-69 has been reopened.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Reminds me of the Great Nashville Flood, I was down there when that was happening, actually driving down 24 downhill the rain was hard, but the water overflowing the roadside ditches were tumbling BOULDERS down and into the road, By the time I got down to the Boat my buddy had untied and was in the river because the boat dock had raised like 6 feet in an hour, the Soundcheck facility and were we were woprking was blocked off by the cops, the next day when we could see the entire warehouse was almost underwater, water was pouring down streets and washing thru homes it was a terrible mess. The football stadium, Opera house, Opry, and many Nashville staples were damaged by the water that rose so fast. Im sure you saw the pictures of the cars floating as the Semis drove thru 4 feet of water until the road was closed by TOO MANY FLOATING CARS....

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OPRY MILLS MALL just opened back up a few weeks ago.

Hope everyone is ok up there.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
OPRY MILLS MALL just opened back up a few weeks ago.

Hope everyone is ok up there.

Finally? Wow. I was in Dickson about 3 weeks after that. People's pond koi fish in creeks, houses along the Harpeth River in the process of being gutted for renovation/demolition. It was a mess. We don't have it that bad, thankfully.