First FULL Month on the Roads as Owner/Operator TEAM

jackieg

Active Expediter
Really PLEASED with the Results after being on the roads for a full month in our own truck, After driving for fleet owner for 6months last year. THAT was our Best First Decision (advice given here to us in the Newbies Forum) Driving/learning the ins&outs of this business relying on others experience... When we KnEw we were ready to do this on our own, we didn't rush things and made our decisions with thoughtful guidance. It took a few months to get up&rolling BuT We KNOW NOW that with the Right Attitude&Thorough Research this is the Road we want to take into our future! Hope this little note will encourage another team looking to drive across this country in their own truck-It isn't Easy but it Can Be VERY Rewarding! Thanks for listening!

Casper0418

Rookie Expediter
Thank you for the encouraging news. My wife and I are planning on attending the expediters conference in July to get some information on the industry. I always like to hear others success stories!

jackieg

Active Expediter
That's a Great First Step!!! BUT it's Most Important to Talk to Other Drivers!!! THEY are the ones who will Fill You&your wife in on the Ins&Outs of what Works and what Doesn't!!!! The classes and recruiters are great too (IF you find... Honest ones&ask the Right Questions...) But the DRIVERS Know it All!!! In a good way, of course! Lol there is a Lot More to this business than just getting in a truck& driving across country! Feel free to PMessage us if u feel the need! Pay it Forward, as they say!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Thank you for the encouraging news. My wife and I are planning on attending the expediters conference in July to get some information on the industry. I always like to hear others success stories!

Expo is one of the best things to attend if just starting out. The more information you have the better.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

The Expediters Expo is a great place to make friends and get all the information you need. I wish there would have been something like the Expediters Expo back in 1995 when I started. Lawrence Mc Cord and Ontime Media does an outstanding job each year. I'm sure you will have fun and find the information your looking for.

zeppelin

Active Expediter
Try MP Logistics out of S. Charles, IL 800-983-2869
We are always looking for Sprinters and cargo vans. God owners/operator's make a good company.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
The Expediters Expo is a great place to make friends and get all the information you need. I wish there would have been something like the Expediters Expo back in 1995 when I started. Lawrence Mc Cord and Ontime Media does an outstanding job each year. I'm sure you will have fun and find the information your looking for.

We were lucky to have a good map and a pocket full of quarters back then huh Dave?