Finally made the decision

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
Well I deceided to quit the business. Got a job local as a mechanic.
Turned down offers with Landstar and Conway , hard decission to make. But it's been done.This is going to give me a chance to set up a van retofitting/van converson/business in the near future. Like I said in my earlier post, I can put the bulkhead/sleeper's in at least 1/2 of what the bigger companys are charging. I'm not out to become a millionaire, but just to give the working man(you the expediter's)something they can afford.Got my van in the classifieds.Can send you more pictures upon request.Watch for future posts on the retofitting/van conversons.Everyone be safe out there and may God Bless you in everything you do

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wish you luck. I bailed last year and got a 9 to 5. But Kept my van on with a small company with my Youngest son in it and He's doing well with it and I still go out on long runs with him when I can Just to keep in Touch with the Business.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Good luck . You might also look into making rear doors for quad cab pickups that will make the rear seat wide enough to be a DOT approved sleeper . It's been talked about but not done . Get a patent on it and guaranteed hotshotters and RV haulers would rather buy a couple of modified doors rather than pay for a chassis stretch and sleeper .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck to you. It's obvious from the van you were running you are creative and capable. I'm sure you'll make a number of guys happy with their van conversions.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi
Just thought I'd throw in some of my custom bunk wish list.
1]a good reading light, it can't be in the center of the ceiling,that make it to hard to read while laying down.
2]a small desk.
3]a curtain that covers the windows but still allows air to flow.
4]easy access to the cargo area from the bunk.but still have a secure bulk head.
5]on the Ford's an access panel in the cargo area to the second battery.
6]a cooler that is mounted under the floor.I seen this in a fire truck.
Good luck.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Good Luck, I hope you can do some customizing in D-Units the interior in my truck could be so much user friendlier and I am WILLING TO PAY to have it done and look good. Have a wish list e mail me thru EO if you can help me out......