Feline Frustration

romoore245

Expert Expediter
Since the name of the thread is Feline Frustration we have a new one.

We had only a few load offers today, three times each on two of them. The loads were short with bad extras, At one point we were offered a second run which would pick up after the first del. "Sounds good, Send the info across"

We was told to accept the load first, we repeatedly asked for the second load info. This dispatcher ROSE must have thought this was our first day. We were only able to get town pickup to del state. I finally said send all info or forget it. There must have not been a load, because a few minutes later the phone rang. Same load offer new rate.
Panther has tried many things to pressure us to take a pour load, but this was a first. To flat out lie with a fake offer to try and trick us this is not right. We backed down and took this bad load for the new rate, big mistake!
After arriving at the shipper we were told the freight was already loaded and ready to go. Panther had called CTX to run the load, around the same time they were trying to trick us to run it. Then told us we had to sit there for an hour so they could research what went wrong. I told them what went wrong "Somebody is not doing there job"
So we lost the day for dispathers trying to force loads on us. Instead of aceppting a decline to the offer, each time they would put us right back on the load so we couldn't get any other offer. Then refusing to remove us from the loade when it dry ran for an extra hour, burned up four hours.
Just ranting since we didn't get loaded. Guess some black cats are unlucky.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
i for one like the new pager system, at home i have a weak phone signal, but the message always comes over the phone 10 minutes, before it comes thru the qc, most drivers ive talked to prefer it, personally i believe most drivers like to bit-- about anything. so that tells me they are not leading or have a happy life...so go get a life..ya whine butts..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
> personally i believe most drivers like
>to bit-- about anything. so that tells me they are not
>leading or have a happy life...so go get a life..ya whine
>butts..

Personally, I believe you should take your own advice, before passing it on...

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Yep I stand by comment a Professional Comapny that cares about its drivers as much as its self. Or the comments on three offers each on two loads would not be there.

Ya Reading Seven Toed Cat Lover? Or is the truth to insulting to take?

iheartfaye

Expert Expediter
Like some of the other posters, I signed up for the SMS service the very first day it started and it worked fine. Ever since the "free trial" started about a month later, my service stopped working.

Two calls to "my team", an e-mail, and qualcomm's website still has not made it start working again. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I talked with my team leader Linda on Monday and got signed up. I tried the HELP on the text message and also the website with no luck.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Moot the system is easy to play all you have to do is fill out the dvir and send it in before midnight then no beep. It will only beep you to remind you that the day is over and you havent sent it in. Now if your on a 34 hr restart or if you didnt load that day yep it sucks being woke up at midnight. No system is perfect

Panther Solo Tractor

slfisher45

Expert Expediter
FISH PLEASED WITH PANTHER--Don't mean to be rude with all caps..

I get my job offers texted to my cell phone seconds before they reach my QC. I know this if I'm in my truck. Shortly after ( one or two minutes) I get a phone call from a dispatcher. If the load pick/up is a few hours out, the dispatcher may take more time to call. I have ample time to revue and accept or decline. The text messaging program has worked fine from its inception. (I only speak for me).

When I am ready to sleep, since I need to reset my hours asa solo, I select macro 30 and do my DVIR. It doesn't beep me at midnight-0-7. And, if I am in my sleeper, (line 2 on the log) log updates will not be sent to my truck. The only beeping I hear at night is the loud beep of a job offer.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When it comes to using new technology or a new system based on technology, it is best to not be among the first to walk through the minefield. Let the early adopters be the ones to work out the bugs.

slfisher45

Expert Expediter
"When it comes to using new technology or a new system based on technology, it is best to not be among the first to walk through the minefield. Let the early adopters be the ones to work out the bugs."
Quoted from ATEAM.

After reading your post, "ATeam", A few things come to mind. Since this post was a reply to mine I imagine you assumed I walked through the minefield. Duh.... It was in place when I joined a very tolerable system, as I explained above.
And, the second thing that I noticed, was even in your brevity you seem to bewilder this poster, and I quote, " When it comes to using new technology or a new system based on technology".
I can't imagine anyone trying a new system that wasn't based on technology.

Paperless logs have been around for years.

And what is wrong with being a pioneer. Somebody has to pave the road to smooth the bumps. I have done that, and so have many other of these forum members. Apparently you haven't.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>After reading your post, "ATeam", A few things come to mind.
> Since this post was a reply to mine I imagine you assumed I
>walked through the minefield.

You incorrectly imagined my assumption. My comment was not about you. It was a general observation, offered in response to the various expereinces and opinions expressed by various posts.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
The night I got my text message invite I was at home and our cat was sick. She was ralphing all night. I was up all night cleaning stains off the carpets. After we got her settled down and I went back to sleep I heard this high pitched "beep". Like a smoke alarm when the batts are dead. Drove me nuts all nite. I knew it wasn't the smoke alarm. Found out in the morn it was my cell phone. Well, it seems if I didn't want the service that I could text the Panther kitty back and say "Cancel". I guess I'll keep the service because I have no idea how to text message back to them to say "Cancel".
:+ :+

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Having a 17 yr old daughter who communicates almost exclusively via text messaging, I've become fairly adept at it, and I couldn't make any sense of the directions, either. I'll have to call and ask whether I'm on or off the program, having neither accepted nor declined it, as far as I know, anyway.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
It will be pretty easy to kno if you are on it. Next offer that comes in will be on the QC and on cell phone.:+