Fedxcc lease fraud

Roy Stowers

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-01 AT 07:43PM (EDT)[/font][p]Fedxcc is trying to distant themselfs from being qualified as an employer in regard to their lease agreement, however all cotractors know of thier rules of in service time and refusals. Yes my lease has been terminated and I think it is time to air my sentimate because it is 10 below and I;ve got to remove their lo gos from the side of this box.Can you imagine this fat boy up in the air in this kind of weather on a latter with a heat gun.oooooohhh. fedxcc is surly walking a fine line in the grey areas and I sure would like to see what a jury would say about it if one could find a lawyer to take them on hopefully make it a class action suit. If an attorney would look at the lease they would say it is valid but what fedxcc is practicing is of a different story I will list the reasons of my discontentment.
1.If you turn down 2 loads in a row they put you out of service and you have to call in and tell them why you refused the load and the answer is probibly like everyone else. That is it is discounted and it does not pay enough, considering they did not OFFER the same load twice.
2.You mst be in service 70% of the time or 4.8 days aweek. If this is not forced dispatch then I am the monkey uncle. 3. They tell you what routes to take.
4. What time to p.u. and deliver
5. They put a lock on you and and could never care how long you sit

6.Dva is for their benifit not yours. Notice how the revenue has declined since it;s inception
7. dispatch never lies
8. You must go to Canada or your lease is up for review.
I think that fedxcc. has crossed over the line and is an EMPLOYER.They have deep pocketts and I would love to see some lawyer reach way down aand jingle some togeather,afterall it is the season for jingle jingle.What do you think? reply Roy Stowers [email protected] 573 384 5274.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Did they give you a reason for termination? I have heard of about 4-5 people being let go and they seem to think it!s based on availability and refusals.What!s interesting is that the ones being let go all have many years with the company.Perhaps they want new blood that doesn!t complain and does not remember how it used to be.Good Luck

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Roy,
Obviously you are upset over losing your lease with FedExCC. I offer my condolences.

I have a question about the title in which you chose to start this topic. After carefully reading your article, I could not find where fraud was involved with your lease. Is there more to your claims or did I miss something?

Kyle O

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am a fleet owner with multiple trucks on with fedex. They cancelled the lease on one of my trucks that has been on only since March (this would go against RichM's idea about new blood). This truck had the highest availability percentage of all my trucks over (90%)and it had an equally high load acceptance percentage. However the truck had the lowest on time pick up and delivery percentage of all my trucks about (93%).

When the contractor resolutions guy (Bill Y) called me to tell me the lease was cancelled it was like he was reading from a script or a lawyer was standing over his shoulder. He would not tell me ANYTHING about why I was cancelled. I was polite but kept pressuring that "I have other trucks on so I need to know what went wrong with this one to avoid it happening with others." He eventually transfered me to a voice mail. Long story short I eventually talked to a facilitator who didnt want to discuss my termination but basically said that because freight is so slow they have had to cut trucks in an effort to keep other contractors busier. He indicated that there was some formula/strategy for selecting the trucks to be terminated but wouldnt/couldnt acurately explain the process.

My sense is that they never have liked the fleet owner so when trucks needed to be dropped they looked at us first. So they picked my "worst" truck and dropped it. That is my situation I think the process was VERY subjective but we will never really know.

Roy Stowers

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thank you for your condolences,yes I was a little hastywith my subject title I ment place the word possible in the subject title. I tryed to edit it with no avail.
As far as the fraud it is there not only with fedxcc but many other companys as well. they want their cake and eat ittoo.
IRS states you are an employer if you tell the people where, when, what time, what routes to take, and hours of service.
I have heard for years that IRS has been looking into this issue for a long time and have heard nothing lately.
Let's face it fedxcc has forced dispatch if you take into consideration that all co. rules are not in the lease. They are doing a tap dance on the border line and their feet move back and forth across that line.
I was talking to a recruiter with Landstar yesterday, he used to be with fedxcc and he believes they have stepped way over the line ,he had left fedxcc in good standing.
My credit will probibley have a black eye for I owe 50,000 on the truck and have lost my white glove team. this really hurts me to haveto lose this truck if I can"t sell it.

Respectfully

R. Stowers