??FedEx/Panther PAY??

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What kinda rate are you running for OVM, I think last you said around .90 but that was a year back I think...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
RR is unwavering...3,000 load capacity, Hence very few if any Sprinters make the cut... Thats life
Yea but the question remains, how often do they put 3,000 lbs or for that matter 2,500 lbs in that Promaster?
Maybe over 2200 lbs.... 3 to 4 times in 22 months ... average 350 lbs... 1 skid most loads .. plus a class C or above Drivers license .. similiar to most carriers

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
RR is unwavering...3,000 load capacity, Hence very few if any Sprinters make the cut... Thats life
Yea but the question remains, how often do they put 3,000 lbs or for that matter 2,500 lbs in that Promaster?
Maybe over 2200 lbs.... 3 to 4 times in 22 months ... average 350 lbs... 1 skid most loads .. plus a class C or above Drivers license .. similiar to most carriers

who requires a class C....?.....not any I know of....some used to but some backed out

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
the question is..How many DOT Inspections in a non DOT vehicle does one need in a year?.....LOL
Its just a company policy...
I have a buddy trying to get on with RR. He recently called RR and asked that same question, why no sprinters and they told him they didn't know what he was talking about. They said we take on sprinters and wanted to know who told him false information. Let's get the info right, inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: RoadTime

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What are the weekly deductions at roadrunner with insurance included? Are they running all 50 states or at least California loads in and out? Do they find you loads or do you bid on them through active aero.
They put you on loads .... almost No Cali-loads ... and no Sprinters leased on ... with exception of a few that were grandfathered in before buy-out...

See post #27.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the question is..How many DOT Inspections in a non DOT vehicle does one need in a year?.....LOL
I have a buddy trying to get on with RR. He recently called RR and asked that same question, why no sprinters and they told him they didn't know what he was talking about. They said we take on sprinters and wanted to know who told him false information. Let's get the info right, inquiring minds want to know.
hey NTime said No Sprinters.....I said..."very few"....They will take sprinters IF they can do 3,000 and very few can...

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey NTime said No Sprinters.....I said..."very few"....They will take sprinters IF they can do 3,000 and very few can...
And my buddy told me the recruiter told him they do. So he and I are confused as to what the real answer is.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And my buddy told me the recruiter told him they do. So he and I are confused as to what the real answer is.
Here's the scoop. They make you get a scale ticket. If after that your 2500 sprinter can magically carry 3000 lbs your good. I had a friend who was basically hired, when he had to get a scale ticket proving 3000 lb legal capacity the hire was off. Me thinks the recruiter might believe sprinters can haul 3000 because they already have a few there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's the scoop. They make you get a scale ticket. If after that your 2500 sprinter can magically carry 3000 lbs your good. I had a friend who was basically hired, when he had to get a scale ticket proving 3000 lb legal capacity the hire was off. Me thinks the recruiter might believe sprinters can haul 3000 because they already have a few there.
Thats what I was trying to say....now if mine was stripped down to like off the line new I remember my first weigh in I was like 5500 no insulation no goodies ..bare bones...

some could do the same thing, hire on bare bones and add to the van once hired on...sneaky move

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What Xiggi said times 2... i also had a good friend with a 2016 sprinter hired on .... the day before he went to orientation they brought up the scale ticket which they had 2 weeks earlier when all paperwork started , insurance, etc.... i was pissed to say the least because i had brought up the legal weight issue 2 weeks prior at the start of his hiring ... didn't want to waste everyones time .... from what i have been told by a high ranking Active Aero / RRE employee that the 3000 lb issue comes from the Mother office Road Runner Transportation ....

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What kinda rate are you running for OVM, I think last you said around .90 but that was a year back I think...
.75 -.85 average now, with the odd 1.00 or better because we do get percentage.....some small loads pay very, very well...

Guess I gotta come down on my rates this week. I ran two loads totaling 2400 miles for $1 per mile but I don't think I
ll continue to do that. Almost had one for $1.05 a mile on Friday to San Diego but the dimensions were too wide.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
22ft str truck, Lift Gate, Hazmat.
This guys still wondering if he'll ever get an answer to his question ...

Sorry man, every time rates are brought up the oversaturated segment has to crowd the bar ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
sorry bout crowding the bar...this went sideways right from Post #4....
some threads are like trying to follow a trail of crazy foam....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
.75 -.85 average now, with the odd 1.00 or better because we do get percentage.....some small loads pay very, very well...

Guess I gotta come down on my rates this week. I ran two loads totaling 2400 miles for $1 per mile but I don't think I
ll continue to do that. Almost had one for $1.05 a mile on Friday to San Diego but the dimensions were too wide.
I don;t look at it like 1 load at a time....I try--- SAID I TRY to balance more on a monthly average rate.....do some low ones (not money losing) and toss in some higher paying ones and take the average

Sorry to Timbo.....for the off topic