FedEx Having Money Problems????

Brandy

Expert Expediter
Hello Expediters, I was gonna say something on the subject before, but without any hard proof, I would just be getting the operators of EO into legal trouble, untile now. Seems FedEx is running into a bit of a money crunch, in big bold letters in the "In The News" box on Yahoo (it's not on the CNN site yet), FedEx is to lay off 14,000 yes thats right I said 14,000 workers by the end of the year. Now aint that a @#$%! ? I new there was something going on with that company. I keep scratching my head when I think about how well I was running last year and how I'm not doing jack this year. Those dispatchers were full of s#$@ telling me that "this month is slow but we see freight picking up so just hang in there". Lies I tell you lies, I have bills to pay and now it hits me that I've been lied to all this time. It was a well calculated plan on the part of that company to get rid of all the solo drivers by giving them little or no runs, and then just keep the teams there for making the FedEx CC fleet alot smaller without having to break any contracts and face legal problems. Now I know why they have unions and why workers count on their unions for job security.

Sean

Drluvv

Expert Expediter
Sucks to work for that company I guess no Christmas presents for the kids this Christmas LOL. Thats why I belong to a Union, I'm not sure of the name but I belong to one. Their always looking out for the LITTLE GUY.

The MAN, The MYTH, The LEGEND

Drluvv

Expert Expediter
That Xpediter guy has some serious problems, I guess thats what creack will do to a WHEEL HOLDER

The MAN, The MYTH, The LEGEND

bkkeystone

Expert Expediter
Seriously though, anyone in this game over a week or two has seen the trend go from vans and solo's to where if you are not a "team" you may not get a chance. Reason ????? Teams will haul a "van" load to keep busy and the "duh" dispatchers don;'t have to think about hours to keep a team going as opposed to a solo. Soooooooo, if a team will haul a load for a buck a mile and no one has to worry about hours???????

So, how to succeed in expediting, run team, take loads at .90/1.00 per mile and make life real simple and cheap for everyone but you!!

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
brandy. your truck has wheels. I get tired of hearing you cry babies. If you don't like your job go flip burgers or pumpgas or clean toilets. hell, if nothing else......take your truck to a new company. problem solved!!!!!!!!! there are other gigs out there. you are a o/o. that means you call the shots for your show. if you don't like what they are feeding you........turn the key and take it to another company. x

BIGRIG_787

Expert Expediter
XPEDITER YOU CANT READ BRANDY DONT OWN THE TRUCK SHES A DRIVER NOT AN O/O DUMB #####. READ FIRST BEFORE YOU SPEAK. }>

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Hello Expediters, I was gonna say something on the subject
>before, but without any hard proof, I would just be getting
>the operators of EO into legal trouble, untile now. Seems
>FedEx is running into a bit of a money crunch, in big bold
>letters in the "In The News" box on Yahoo (it's not on the
>CNN site yet), FedEx is to lay off 14,000 yes thats right I
>said 14,000 workers by the end of the year. Now aint that a
>@#$%! ?

In answer to your question, FedEx is offering an early retirement package or enhanced severance to reduce its payroll at FedEx EX. The market for express services isn't good right now so they are trimming some staff.
14000 might seem like a lot until you realize there are over 160000
people working for FedEx.
This is only at FedEx "EX" to the best of my knowlege.
You can check for yourself at www.fedex.com
Business in all expedited services will be slow until the overall US economy picks up.

Drluvv

Expert Expediter
Yea your right about that RobA the layoffs are only with FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight. For now, this is just the begining of their cost cutting plan. Let us not forget about the trickle down effect.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I would imagine a big part of these layoffs are the result of the mergers between the fedex family. You take several companies, merge them all together there is bound to be redundacy. Layoffs aren't always the result of finaical problems.

I want to say this. I cannot believe the way some of you are acting on this board. The name calling, the swearing....etc. Since this board was created several years ago I have never seen such behavior!!! x( Several of you are acting like a bunch of children who's parents didn't teach them better!!!

It is one thing to disagree in debates. (That is what a debate is) But the name calling and personal attacks are the result of not being able to defend your position.

I have heard several drivers lament that expediters don't get together anymore or wave to each other when passing on the road. If the behavior on this thread is the norm for expediters these days I think I know why.