FedEx CC switchubg to T Check!

mystictrans

Expert Expediter
We just got our mail from CC and in it was our brand new TCheck card!
It seems they are dropping com data! The cards will start being used August 20th. SO just to make sure you do not lose or hold up any cash you may want to wipe out your comdata balance by midnight Aug.19!
It will save us on some fees comdat hits us with as well as now we can feul off the card at Flying J's........

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I am 2500 miles away from home, so I didn't get to read the letter - wife provided highlights.

My question is Wal-Mart and the use of the card, because I buy my supplies and meds there, will this be possible?

oh what about ATMs?

Anyone know?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can your wife transfer funds into comdata for you greg just cause FDCC stops using it do you???

I have the J Money Card...wife loads it from our bank to tabbank no fees and it spends like cash even at Wally World.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is JUST great!! We JUST went to orientation a little over a week ago, JUST got our COMDATA card, JUST got it set up for electronic transfer of funds into our business checking account. Sure would have been nice if they had said something while we were there. Sure hope we can transfer funds to checking etc. Sure won't miss the fees and access to the J's might be nice but I really need the transfer thing. Layoutshooter

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
What would be nice is if the company would load a J debit card instead of their TCH card.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well OVM I don't have my wife involved with anything to do with money and FedEx, if I did, I would be broke all the time and this is her idea. I handle most of the stuff or my banker helps out, either way she is out of the loop.

I have setup a pretty good system but fuel is one part and I do not buy fuel from J unless I have no choice, so it is not a selling point to me. I can't find anything thing about T-Check on either site and if it is for fuel or I have to stand in line for 45 minutes to get $20, I will not be the only one unhappy with the change - many of us use atms and wal-mart.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lucky you guys. I wish we weren't on Comdata.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't you do direct bank deposit? Then transfer it to The J Money card (free) Thats what we are doing...all online. Its a Mastercard debit card can be used anywhere they take Mastercard...Even get cashback from Walmart.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
from what i was told by contractor relations,the t card will do everything com data does,for less money.fedcc gets charged by com data $1.00 for every transaction,now it will only be #.50,and we will still get all our discounts,and for those that like hot fuel,you will be be able to use card at the j.t card works atm machines just like com data, greg,i also buy my meds at wal-mart

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Some of the T-Chek program highlights for those who haven't gotten their mail.

Discounted fuel at the Flying J. Fuel at cash price plus a $0.0275 per gallon discount.

Comdata transaction fee is $1.00; T-Check fee is $.50. No charge to load card.

No fuel receipts for the carrier when using the T-Check card

Cash available from A Plus network ATM machines.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thank you Terry. So I assume that the Wal-Mart purchases will be the same price, $.50 per purchase?

Steve, there are a few of us out there that do the med thing at wal-mart and they didn't know what to think about the change.

David, the warm fuel issue and when ever I would purchase fuel there in the Van I would get hassled about being in the truck lanes. I buy their coffee there and like their soup but not the fuel.

OVM, I don't think this is the Master Card thing, I think we have to apply for it like a credit card, but I may be wrong.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
More T-Chek

You'll get a card and some blank drafts in the mail. You can't use it yet, but you'll be encouraged to set up your own pin as soon as possible so that you'll be able to use the system when it becomes active on August 20.

ndfan

Seasoned Expediter
good luck had the t checks with is xpress it sucked a lot of places didnt take it but that was 4 or 5 years ago maybe better now

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
I have Tab Bank with a mastercard debit card and I transfer my load advances from our comdata card to it by phone with no fee. It's really easy and simple.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
2 different things greg theres a Mastercard Debit Card AND the regular Mastercard credit card...As was said before you can load your Debit Mastercard and it works wherever Mastercard is accepted

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ndfan... the newer truckstop guides tell you which cards they take. Surprisingly, a lot of them now take TCH cards. Just not the Pilots, TAs, or Love's.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OVM, thanks for the info - I am having my wife send out all the mail via FedEx so I can see what I got.

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
RE%3A FedEx CC switchubg to T Check%21

Can you do a cash advace at the fuel desk

Name all the truck stops that Take em. ??????????

If it (T-Check) dont equal the Comceck or surpass it then the .50 savings isnt worth the Headace.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
RE: RE%3A FedEx CC switchubg to T Check%21

Most of the mom and pop truckstops take it. I think Mr Fuel does... not sure. I don't have a t/s guide in front of me. Might wanna pick one up.