Fedex CC. O/O I Need Your Advice

fawazbarraj

Seasoned Expediter
I Need To Come Back To Fedex cc. after One Year Off The Road........I Got a good Deal On a 2005 Reefer D-Unit.....

Do You Think Its The Right Time To Come Back ??

Please Give Me Your advice.

Thank You.:confused:

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I recommend you do some reading on this site and then make a decision. Look at the FedEx forum and you can probably determine if this is the time to come back. A solo driver has it VERY hard right now. It's tough and you will see, as you read, that the company is making all kinds of cuts to stay competitive in this market.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Do you actually need to come back or want to come back?

As India said it is tough right now, I expect FedEx to be more competitive in the near future but who knows?

If you have other means of income, by all means do that for a while.

I don't know about the other reefer truck owners but I haven't had the reefer business as I expected this year, maybe panther is getting it all.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I recommend you do some reading on this site and then make a decision. Look at the FedEx forum and you can probably determine if this is the time to come back. A solo driver has it VERY hard right now. It's tough and you will see, as you read, that the company is making all kinds of cuts to stay competitive in this market.

I think that says a bunch right there. I agree with the others in giving it some time. There will always be a good deal on a reefer truck out there.

Last edited:

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I Need To Come Back To Fedex cc. after One Year Off The Road........I Got a good Deal On a 2005 Reefer D-Unit.....

Lots of good deals on Reefer Units as well as dry units...might want to consider why. We can buy a good truck for a fraction of what we paid for ours a year ago because the business has slowed significantly. Our income is expected to be way down this year and we have planned for the down turn. If you aren't prepared emotionally and financially, it would be best to direct your efforts elsewhere. I feel sad for those who can't make it...not just the owners and drivers, but also the ones behind the desk struggling to get freight for us while at the same time keeping owners, drivers, shippers, consignes, management...I think you get the picture... happy. For the dispatchers and support group it is generally a thankless job in the best of times so during these times their drive to work must be getting more difficult. Best of luck on whatever decision you make.

atmcffesuk

Not a Member
I would say that now is the best time to come back. Fedex has lowered the per mile down to a buck or so a mile but with fuel so cheap its amazing the income you will enjoy. Man where do I start, here,I have made so much money this year I think I may be able to get my truck washed this Friday (maybe monday not sure yet).Also my DH has gone from 93% of all miles down to 88% which really helps in these hard times. Another thing I have noticed is instead of waiting 3 days or so for a 3 day run Ive been getting a run every 2 to 3 days. I dont mind that they are 90 mile runs it keeps my per mile low and my codriver is pretty understanding that I pay for fuel trk pmt etc. Oh yeah and by he way all these automated phone systems are making it so much easier and keeping our spirits so high I just could scream I love you I love you I love you Yes now would be the best time possible to get back out there...it would.:)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

I would talk to a recruiter also as even though you are wanting to buy a reefer you are not going to get into WG right now. So you would be lugging around the weight of a reefer for Express Loads?

I would do a lot of reading and I would look at my financial situation and can you handle the sitting and still pay all of your bills? Right now is not a good time to be payment poor in this business.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
"my dead head has gone from 93% of all miles" ALL MILES? 93% of the "atmcffesuk" miles are dead head and this is good?

Last edited: