FEDEX CC New Dispatch Crap

rpompeo1

Expert Expediter
Just wondering how everyone feels about the new layover options
and why do you think they started this CRAP...

Got on the phone this morning and was told that they cannot
give me info as to where i am on the dispatch line as i was
ok on dwell time but since i was not authorized to be here
they will not give info out as to where you are and how many are ahead of you....Maybe to cover there screw ups or to take care of
the suckasses that they have to get the good hi mileage runs that
they say that he was closer and time was a factor...Yeah Right...
Nice Game they are playing, and they say they are here to help
contractors to make there bussiness profitable........Well This is
Not helping if you cant tell where you are on dispatch......

LOOKING FOR A NEW COMPANY TO SIGN ON WITH AS OF THIS MORNING...
AS FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO SIGN ON WITH FEDEX CC THINK TWICE...
JUST ASK ANYONE OUT THERE HOW THIS WILL HURT THERE BUSSINESS..

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you go thru the VRU,go to option2/option8/ then type in the 3 letter city code for the city you are interesed in ,it will give you the information as too how many trucks are there etc.I tried it today and it seemed to work. I am authorized on the JCK board and checked ORL just to see if the sytem worked and it did.They won!t give that info out over the phone so you must use the VRU.

BULLRUSH

Expert Expediter
IF A COMPANY DOESN'T WANT TO PROVIDE INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP YOU OR THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING I SAY BEGONE WITH THEM.FIND A COMPANY THAT IS HONEST.REMEMBER THERE IS NO DIFFERNTS IN A COMPANY THAT LIES TO YOU OR THEY ARE UNWILLING TO PROVIDE YOU WITH INFORMATION.;-)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My question to you rpompeo1 is, If you weren’t authorized to be in a certain area, then how did you get there? Will they tell you the info you’re saying they won’t tell, if you’re authorized to be there? There are some avenues IC’s can take, if a company is treating IC’s like employees, but the whole map needs to be drawn before I suggest what road you take.

Searge

Expert Expediter
We arrived authorized to our first choise on Sunday and our contract coordinator will not tell us anything about what is expected out of this area or what trucks are in front of us. This sure is not going to help us new drivers out here.

RobZip

Expert Expediter
>They won!t give that info out over the phone so you must use the VRU.

The one piece of information missing from the VRU options is where you are in the dispatch order. The c-link status info is updated every 3 hours. You could arrive at 1pm for layover with 2 other trucks showing as checked in. The 3pm update may show 6 trucks checked in. Now where are you in the order? 3rd? 4th? 5th? 6th?

According to my CC your dwell time status doesn't really offer that much in the way of accurate, useful information. Where a truck stands in dwell time is only part of the criteria involved in dispatching. If I am 1st in dwell time and 40 miles from the pickup, someone closer will get the call even if they have less dwell time. A driver with a dry run or less than 75 miles will go back to the top of the list even though they have less total dwell time.

The application of dwell time in evaluating your overall situation is rather limited. I really doubt that being a suckass or dispatch pet will get you preferential treatment.

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Does this surprise you? Why do people keep going over there and signing on with them after reading all the B.S. on here about them. Guess they are all a bunch of suckers who the recruiters keep reeling in. Time after time after time, people complain about what a crappy company they are (which I agree 100%), but people keep putting there trucks on. Don't make sense to me!!!

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>our contract coordinator will not tell us anything about what is
>expected out of this area or what trucks are in front of us.
If you change your thought from "will not" to "cannot" tell you anything, that would be closer to the truth. They can't honestly tell you what to expect today in any express center, as a load usually just "happens".

You will have to develop a plan for yourself on how you approach express centers, and that will require you to get a little experience. Here's an example of our plan:
1. There are some express centers we don't go to again. Experience.
2. We don't d/h 300 miles to any express center, unless that is how far the closest one is. When we deliver near an express center, we checkin there, regardless of the computer choices, unless it is a #1.
3. We don't set up housekeeping in an express center. We'll give it 24 hours if loads were available there in the past and we have a decent place to sit. Then we're on the phone and moving to a better location, which is always toward either home or the center of their operations.
4. There is no such thing as being the first or third truck in the call order, because their DVA system supposedly looks at some 25 different factors in deciding which truck to call first.
5. That VRU option 2, option 8 works as well as anything you can get, along with the option of inputting various express centers to see what they look like too. Unfortunately, right now they all seem to look about the same.
6. We don't choose an express center with more than 3 of our size units, unless we don't want to work for awhile.

This is our approach and it works for us. We seldom take the computer's top 2 picks now, and head toward the closest active express center instead then try to get authorized. Really keeps the deadhead miles down. Luck to you.

Vernon

Searge

Expert Expediter
Vernon thanks for the advise.

Yes they cannot help us with our choises anymore instead of will not because I think my coordinator would help if she could. We can also move between express centers now and be automatically authorized without calling in under this new system.

G

Well, people it's like this. I have been with FedEx Custom Critical/Robert's Express since March of 1995. There has been some thing's I didn't like, but most I have. For year's I have listen to all you driver's cry about not being able to go to where you want and be okayed for where you want. And now that you can,you want to :censoredsign: about it. What more do you want from FedEx Custom Critical. Do you want them to drive the truck for you too. You Work for yourself not them. You have a choice on what you do, there one of the best Company's out there with the best pay and people have to always find something wrong with FEDEX CUSTOM CRITICAL because there always the 1st to put thing's together. There the big Dog on the block and people just have to try to knock them down. Well all I to say is if you don't Like them then leave. I have made very good money with FEDEX Custom Critcal and i'm proude to be apart of a winning team. And as far as an agent teling you that they can't give you that info anymore, well there right. Would you waste your time giving someone info that they already had, no you wouldn't. The VRU is a Good tool, if driver's and owner's would take the time to use it you would never talk to an agent. Trust me I know, I was one of the people that called in alot to get info, but now I use the VRU. it was set up for a win win thing for Fedex and the driver's. If you don't know how to use it just call in and ask your CC to help you. that is what there for. All i'm say people is Don't knock the Company because your not willing to learn that there trying to make thing's easy on you and other driver's and to cut down on the driver call at the same time. I know i would rather they be taking an order then talking to all the driver's when drive's can get the same info from the VRU. It's just smart business people, think about it. have a good one thanks

David Mayfield
Owner Operator for FedEX Custom Critcal

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
RE: RE%253A FEDEX CC New Dispatch Crap

Gentlemen Gentlemen, Here we are with that "Fed Ex CC thing" again. As with any change, it'll take a little time for the dust to settle and for all of us Fed Exers to decide if it's a yay or nay on these new layover options. It would seem from this thread and those past that Fed Ex bashing is high up on the list of favorite sports for many. (only surpassed by Bush bashing among the liberals!!) I would like to put a different twist on this thing by hearing from some of you who are signed on with other companies as to their policies on this particular issue,i.e. what kind of help do they offer for layover options, will they give you information as to your status in the line-up, etc. Sometimes we put only ONE company under the microscope and don't bother to find out what the policies of others are so I'm curious.

MILITARY MOM AND PROUD OF IT

gambler

Expert Expediter
mr.mayfield 1st you may want to consider taking more time to learn how to speak/type the english language?? while some of your points are true much of what you said has me thinking fedex c.c has sent you a "special" tape which you are listening to nightly ,because it sounds like you are under hypnosis? fedex c.c. took a very viable co. that was becoming a threat and ran through it like ##### from a goose.the only reason it survives now is purely because of the "name recognition(confusion)" before you go off thinking i am a disgruntled FORMER owner i will advise you that i am not in fact i own more than a handfull of straights and semis with them currently as well as a couple straights leased elsewhere.they are by far not the best co. to work for however as long as the name recognition keeps my trucks rolling i will not pull them just yet. the VRU that you speak so highly of is a JOKE! and most of these driver who are complaining have very valid reasons. there are many company kiss asses as well as COMPANY owned trucks out there making a ton of money in the slow time while fedex could care less about the "little guys" making it.If you have been around as long as you say(which i KNOW to be true)then you are well AWARE of the COMPANY trucks i speak of. i appreciate any replies .......GAMBLER}>

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: RE%253A FEDEX CC New Dispatch Crap

RobZip, you are right there on the money 100%. Pictures paint millions of words, don't they?
-Weave-

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well fellows I for one love the new L/O options.This week we were given CIN 348 mi or NAS 94 mi.I cheched the VRU and noticed only 2 trks in MEM. We chose to go there.After 6 hrs we han a nice 748 mi run.This is a great tool,but like any other tool,it has to be used wisely.Remember with options 1 and 2 planning has taken into consideration,trucks that are enroute to the center.You may get to your choice only to find many more trks than you expected.

rpompeo1

Expert Expediter
Well as i expected few to come out of the wood work in support
this crap....

The previous info as to how much dwell time and if they are teams
up first in the area was used in a lot of decision making in how to pace yourself in sleep and such activity during the day...

I can see in some of the posts here that some believe that FedEx will take care of them as long as they have a truck and They FedEx will get to pull the strings...

I am not going to debate anymore on the subject cause its been a joke
at Fedex and can not and will not Tell anyone to sign on with them.
You can go on and BRAG all you want......
Cause i am gone and sure not the only one...

I am sure this will help you little puppets out there....you know who
you are..the ones that when a driver tries to talk to you you think
your ##### dont stink and your better than the rest of the drivers with your attitudes.....

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Mr. Gambler, Your criticism of Mr. Mayfield's command of the English language was uncalled for. Perhaps you should consider running your grammar check software on your post before you belittle others. None of us here claim to be rocket scientists (except maybe you) and I can tell you there are many mistakes on my keyboard and I CAN FIND THEM ALL!!!!
Secondly, we're all entitled to our opinions so you and other negatives regarding this post will have to forgive us if we try to form our opinions on OUR OWN EXPERIENCES, I may be naive but I thought this way would be better rather than to allow others to form them for us. What a shame it is that Fed Ex CC has ruined SO many lives and that most are forever traumatized and will never have the maturity to recover. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
Thirdly, it never ceases to amaze me that people will join this forum and in the same day be so critical and so RUDE. You certainly are off to a good start for many FRIENDLY conversations down the road.
Last but not least, your signature says more than you could ever hope to type in one post, how very full of yourself you are!!
Remember Mr. Gambler, PRIDE COMETH BEFORE THE FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gambler

Expert Expediter
>
>Mr. Gambler, Your criticism of Mr. Mayfield's command of the
>English language was uncalled for. Perhaps you should
>consider running your grammar check software on your post
>before you belittle others. None of us here claim to be
>rocket scientists (except maybe you) and I can tell you
>there are many mistakes on my keyboard and I CAN FIND THEM
>ALL!!!!
>Secondly, we're all entitled to our opinions so you and
>other negatives regarding this post will have to forgive us
>if we try to form our opinions on OUR OWN EXPERIENCES, I may
>be naive but I thought this way would be better rather than
>to allow others to form them for us. What a shame it is that
>Fed Ex CC has ruined SO many lives and that most are forever
>traumatized and will never have the maturity to recover.
>GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
>Thirdly, it never ceases to amaze me that people will join
>this forum and in the same day be so critical and so RUDE.
>You certainly are off to a good start for many FRIENDLY
>conversations down the road.
>Last but not least, your signature says more than you could
>ever hope to type in one post, how very full of yourself you
>are!!
>Remember Mr. Gambler, PRIDE COMETH BEFORE THE
>FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
>****************************
>MILITARY MOM AND PROUD OF IT

1st my diesel princess i would appreciate the grammar check coming from you (i'll be eagerly watching the post now). as for my signature i suppose i could say the same about your s/n then correct? As far as my FINALLY joining the forum am i supposed to wait 90 days before being allowed to be critical or as you said "have my own opinion" i'm a grown man dear and believe that i was not being RUDE in the first place. I simply responded to someone who took their entire post to belittle others who are unhappy with a co. they are leased to. if this gentleman wants to wear fedex jammies and shout from the rooftops hooray for him. i am not sure how long YOU have been in the biz or with fedex. however darling you may want to take a gander at how many of the "original" o/o are still around,before you to sing all their praises. As i believe i stated previously i too happen to be one of those o/o from back in the good old days of ROBERTS EXPRESS and still have several trucks leased to them.They are not "crushing" me or "destroying" my life however they have torn down what once was a verg good thing. I eagerly await your response.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
You're right Gambler, I haven't been in the business or with Fed Ex for very long, that's why you won't find me posting with advice for others as I am still learning. HOWEVER, I have been around long enough to recognize rude and THAT was what I was commenting on. In spite of a lot of negative posts here, there is a WEALTH of knowledge on this forum. I would hate to see someone not ask a question for fear of their spelling/typing being ridiculed. Aren't we all here to help one another, learn, have a good time, and basically bull ##### about the industry?
As for my signature, yes, I have pride in my children serving their country, if you wish to fault me for that, so be it.
If you feel you must respond, please spare me the sarcastic, patronizing princesses, darlings, and dears, I might be ill!!
Now is you'll excuse me, I think I'll put on my Fed Ex jammies, curl up with my Fed Ex blankie and take a nice nap!!!!!

gambler

Expert Expediter
>You're right Gambler, I haven't been in the business or with
>Fed Ex for very long, that's why you won't find me posting
>with advice for others as I am still learning. HOWEVER, I
>have been around long enough to recognize rude and THAT was
>what I was commenting on. In spite of a lot of negative
>posts here, there is a WEALTH of knowledge on this forum. I
>would hate to see someone not ask a question for fear of
>their spelling/typing being ridiculed. Aren't we all here to
>help one another, learn, have a good time, and basically
>bull ##### about the industry?
>As for my signature, yes, I have pride in my children
>serving their country, if you wish to fault me for that, so
>be it.
>If you feel you must respond, please spare me the sarcastic,
>patronizing princesses, darlings, and dears, I might be
>ill!!
>Now is you'll excuse me, I think I'll put on my Fed Ex
>jammies, curl up with my Fed Ex blankie and take a nice
>nap!!!!!
>MILITARY MOM AND PROUD OF IT
well first let me say that i still never saw where my grammar was poor as you previously were very quick to point out.2nd i refered to your SCREENAME not your "signature" "ms diva" and as for someone being shunned from asking questions you may want to actually read the gentlemans post and my response again. it was indeed he who cast stones on all the dumb bitchy crybaby drivers..he was not asking a question at all he was actually being an a-hole which compelled me to respond! As for being new to the biz. then welcome and if you keep your eyes open and mouth shut you may just learn something!(b4 you start bemoaning "discrimination"..that reference is for all newbies)i hope i have not used any words which you wont understand?? oh 1 last thing i am no newbie i have been "expediting" for over 8yrs and have over 1.5 million accident free miles ..thank you!! feel free to curl up with the fedex handbook now and await that call from dispatch....peace