FedEx B, C, D, E-Units

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
After reading the post about FedEx changing the pay on B units to .85 cpm. Do you think they will do it to the rest of the fleet on a flat rate per mile? With times hard for business and over 15 expedite companies trying to get all the loads. This may have been coming I don't know. Maybe this is the start of the end for Custom Critical, I hope not. Maybe they plan to move the trucks to another part of FedEx like Ground or Freight. I have no reason to think this, it is just some of my thoughts. But this really blows me away on this move.

I posted it here because other poeple can't post about in the FedEx forum.

Last edited:

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Soon ALL parking lots full of Panther Vans, will be joined by FedEX fleet!! Talk about SATURATION CITY!!

fastrod

Expert Expediter
All Fedex did was to level the playing field so to speak. They used to pay there vans a lot more than the other companies but now they have lowered it to just a few cpm above everyone else. Now they will be able to get more loads for there vans by taking them from Panther, Tri state, E1 and a lot of other carriers. This is what they mean by finding new contracts with other companies. The parking lots will just have more vans from the other carriers now, the Fedex vans will be running.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Now they will be able to get more loads for there vans by taking them from Panther, Tri state, E1 and a lot of other carriers. This is what they mean by finding new contracts with other companies. The parking lots will just have more vans from the other carriers now, the Fedex vans will be running.

Huh? ? ? ? ?

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Now they will be able to get more loads for there vans by taking them from Panther, Tri state, E1 and a lot of other carriers. This is what they mean by finding new contracts with other companies. The parking lots will just have more vans from the other carriers now, the Fedex vans will be running.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so....

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I just wonder why they did not quote lower prices. They could have made the same call to the O/O's and let them know that for the time being they would be seeing lower rates so that the company could attempt to regain market share. As it is now it appears that it is of a more permanent nature.

Also while the $0.85 per mile will be .08 cents higher than some it seems that it will be offset by the fact that they typically pay a smaller FSC to the van.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Why don't these carriers consider "Multi Billing" loads to help offset the declining freight rates they are charging the customer? I know that not all expedited freight is "high value" such as artwork, etc. If a driver was able to carry more than one stop (mutli customers) they could double and triple their per mile rates. I'm sure this would help put money back into the O/O's pocket that is slowly being taken away.

It never made since to me anyway to load two pallets into a 48' reefer trailer and then pay it $1.06/ml to haul it cross country. Yea, thats right! Turned that one down for sure!

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If it works out right, we have and do run multi-loads on occassion. I think it just depends on the carrier. There are quite a few now that currently do it.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Actually, that is the ONLY way to be comfortable in this business. It takes quite a bit of EFFORT, and a lot of COOPERATION from EVERYONE. And that is why it's not done by the mainstream. But, it certainly works WELL, when it works.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Multi-billing thats properly coordinated with the non exclusive use customers works quite well as we have seen it in our past. It makes so much more sense to fill a truck at least 75% full when time permits.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
After reading the post about FedEx changing the pay on B units to .85 cpm. Do you think they will do it to the rest of the fleet on a flat rate per mile? With times hard for business and over 15 expedite companies trying to get all the loads. This may have been coming I don't know. Maybe this is the start of the end for Custom Critical, I hope not. Maybe they plan to move the trucks to another part of FedEx like Ground or Freight. I have no reason to think this, it is just some of my thoughts. But this really blows me away on this move.

Absolutely, Positivily Correct! FedEx is toast. Panther is immune. And Bruno is good looking!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
"I have no reason to think this, it is just some of my thoughts.

A literary GEM.

When you going to respond to what was asked of you or you going to duck that again? Everyone of your post is nothing but trouble and staring with people. Is that what you like to do is start things.
But hey if you like picking on me that's fine with me because your leaving someone else alone.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bruno..I believe the C-D's on surface will be the next to go flat rate like most others....by the look of the offers I've heard...they might as well....

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Bruno..I believe the C-D's on surface will be the next to go flat rate like most others....by the look of the offers I've heard...they might as well....

OVM if they do their are going to be alot of upset poeple. I never thought FedEx would go to a flat rate but never say never. I know they guys from FedEx Supply Chain only gets .93 per mile with their refer units and $50.00 per stop off. One of my last runs for FedEx was picking up at FedEx Supply Chain in Delaware. I talked to about five of the O/O leased on with them and thats when they told me how much they was getting per mile. They said they was home every night too and some days did 6 to 10 stop offs. I know the refer load I did for them had 7 drop offs in NY city and the loaded miles was 279 miles. That don't seem like alot of money for a refer unit.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well .85 a mile for a van??? How can one live. But then again.

4447 DH and Pratical miles Combined for 1.62 a mile all miles for a Tractor Trailer isnt very good!!!! Nope

Now whats worse is the guy that loads ahead of ya got paid

2.25 a mile DH and Pratical miles . For a The same amount of freight ect. And the Load was Reefer.

Needless to say. I was still able to keep out the red by keeping my foot out the throttle and by passing tolls and accidents.

Nightcreature your advice helped more than youll ever know
by the way. Thanks for eariler. Now for your answer to a question U mentioned. ALF Sitcom lasted only 3 1/3 seasons then he said consider me gone. 1/3 the way through the 4th season. Ditto

Have a safe one:)

Last edited: