FedEx and the $22.00 per $1,000

rabbi2

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I really don't understand why there hasen't ben a post on the rate they are chargeing for ocp. accident ins. $22.00 per $1000.00 of rev. OOIDA has a similar policy that meets or beat's any states requirement for workmans comp at a verry reduced rate but FEDEX wont accept it because it is written different. is any one happy or satisfied with this? if im wrong about this
(tell me)BUT AT 10,000 PER YEAR THAT WOULD BE $2,200.00 and i havent been able to get a straight ans. what it would pay me if i got hurt.

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You might want to contact OOIDA about this -- if they are forcing you to buy THEIR insurance, by making their 'requirements' just a little different than any other insurance company's policy, and if their requirements go beyond the requirements of the laws, you might have a legal right to insist upon your own choice of insurance provider.

If you'll read your insurance policy, i think you'll find that it only covers the driver -- which means that if you have a co-driver, and they are hurt in the accident, they'd better have some sort of health insurance.

What i have never understood is why these companies don't offer some sort of group health and life insurance programs -- it wouldn't have to cost them anything, but we would be covered, at a much less expensive rate than finding the same policies on our own. i'll be contacting LCAPP to find out if they offer this to Landstar O/O's -- if they don't, i'll certainly ask them to consider it! ;-)

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have also tried to utilize the OOOIDA coverage and they told me no,but without any reason as to why.It bothers me in the fact that I have private health insurance that will cover me in the event of a ocupational accident,so whay should I have to get duplicate coverage.I have been in touch with them over this issue and it is on hold for a while,also I can understand that wanting some type of medical coverage in case of a accident but,
if you don!t want or need disability income that is YOUR business and not theirs. As Wendy says they could easliy get some type of group coverage at a good rate if they wanted to..

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
$22 per Thousand is a good rate. For my tree service the rate is $24 per HUNDRED, for landscaping its $9 per hundred. When I signed on with FedEx,I had the option of using my own comp insurance,just like I use my own liability,but thier rate was much much better. I don't think there is a set rate that you recieve for injuries, in my experience, the dollar amount was determined by a board of investigators at the state comp dept.,which they related to the %of disability incurred. I don't know if its like that everywhere.